How do Fiverr sellers do their Bookkeeping?

handsonkeyboard

Hi. I’ve been a Fiverr seller since last August and a freelancer in general for over a year. And I’m just now realising the importance of keeping track of my earnings and expenses. (I’m slow to learn.)

Right now, I’m finding it all very overwhelming, so I wondered if anybody could give me some tips about how you go about bookkeeping? Not just for projects from this site, but others as well. (I work off two more.)

I know we can download the invoices Fiverr creates from the Earnings page. Do you do that? How are they useful? Do you use Excel to keep track of gigs or use an accounting software? If the latter, which ones would you suggest?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
handsonkeyboard

EDIT: Two excellent accounting softwares were suggested here - Quickbooks and And Co. I’m trying out both. But I’m still curious about whether Fiverr sellers use their accounting books to keep track of every gig on sites like Fiverr?

I use quickbooks self-employed. I’ve used it for the past three years/past two tax returns and it’s so easy. It comes with a phone app, you can connect it directly to your bank account to file through business deductions/personal expenditures. It also tracks mileage automatically and you can categorize those the same way for deductions. It’s $10 a month and I highly recommend it.

I use quickbooks self-employed. I’ve used it for the past three years/past two tax returns and it’s so easy. It comes with a phone app, you can connect it directly to your bank account to file through business deductions/personal expenditures. It also tracks mileage automatically and you can categorize those the same way for deductions. It’s $10 a month and I highly recommend it.

Thank you! Do you think QuickBook would work for taxes outside the US?

$10 is affordable and worth it if it can help sort my taxes out. 🙂

Ooh I checked and it does work outside the US.

No. I thought it was mostly for invoicing and tracking payments, and I wanted something that would track my overall accounts and help figure out my taxes. Do you know if it does that?

I have not tried it for taxes, but, it has accounting features including reports for tax purposes. https://www.and.co/reports

There is a free plan, it doesn’t hurt to give it a try before you consider investing in it.

I have not tried it for taxes, but, it has accounting features including reports for tax purposes. https://www.and.co/reports

There is a free plan, it doesn’t hurt to give it a try before you consider investing in it.

@joxpress Do you try to keep track of your Fiverr gigs through your bookkeeping app? And co or anything you might be using? Because the small Fiverr gigs build up really quickly, and I’m a little scared of trying to keep an account of all of it. Is it worth trying to do, or do you just note the monthly income you get from the site?

Thanks!

@simplybright Hi again. I have another question!

Do you try to keep track of your Fiverr gigs through Quickbooks or any other way? Because the small Fiverr gigs build up really quickly, and I’m a little scared of trying to keep an account of all of it. Is it worth trying to do, or do you just note the monthly income you get from the site?

Thank you!

Archived