Fiverr Community Forum

How do I add a "request custom order" gig on my profile?

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed that some sellers have this gig that says “Need anything else, request custom order” something like that. I click on view my profile and I don’t see it… Maybe it’s there but for the buyer side? Maybe it’s not. If it’s something I need to manually do, how can I do that so I can also offer the custom order option?

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Reply to @tdelang: Mine doesn’t have that option. I only have the vacation mode button.

The setting for accepting custom orders is in My Sales > My Gigs. It’s next to vacation mode.

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204431343-Request-a-Custom-Order-Button

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com

Reply to @labels4you: Hmm that’s odd. You could ask Customer Support why you don’t have that feature. Maybe there’s a bug or a good reason for it. In any case, sending a friendly note to customer support should clear things up.

1 Like

I believe it’s in a beta testing period for sellers in certain niches. If it proves successful, I think it will be rolled-out across the entire site.

You won’t see the button unless you have certain type of gigs. I forget which ones they are but I think they were programming and technical gigs. If you don’t have those, you won’t see the button to create a custom gig

1 Like

Reply to @steveeyes: Oh okay, well thanks :slight_smile:

Reply to @mrproofreading: hopefully it’s successful and can be available to everyone soon. Thanks :slight_smile:

Reply to @tdelang: Someone said it was only available to people with certain gigs. So mine probably just don’t fall under the category. .But thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Reply to @steveeyes: I wonder, does it have anything to do with both the type of gigs, as well as what level seller someone is?

I would think that they would not just let anyone new use such a feature because all that would do then is turn Fiverr into a freelance advertising site, and not a site selling $5 gigs.

Reply to @sincere18: No it doesn’t, that was my first thought, but it turns out I have one too! :slight_smile: It doesn’t really make any difference though, because it’s the seller that makes the custom orders. I don’t think I would be comfortable with people being able to make custom orders like that.

Reply to @labels4you: Ah that explains it, I’ve learned something today. Thanks

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204431343-Request-a-Custom-Order-Button

• just noticed somebody already posted the link

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com

Reply to @sincere18:

sincere18 said: I would think that they would not just let anyone new use such a feature because all that would do then is turn Fiverr into a freelance advertising site, and not a site selling $5 gigs.
I think that's exactly their intention. They're rolling it out for certain categories to see how well it works, and unless the chargebacks and CS issues FAR outweigh the increased commissions, I'm sure it will be available for all, soon.

If I'm correct, I don't think I'll be the only one reevaluating how I may continue to use Fiverr.

Reply to @sexygirl18: no problem but thank you :slight_smile:

Reply to @tdelang: I also don’t have that next to the vacation mode button. I do Custom Orders through the messaging system. I have it there. Maybe it’s different depending on your gig category? @labels4you, do you have it available in your inbox messaging area?

Reply to @writerlisaz: Yes, I have it in my inbox messaging. I can send someone a custom offer but I have to first be having a conversation with them. And I noticed on a few sellers that they automatically had it as it’s own gig, which I thought was awesome. But I’ve come to find out only certain gig categories have that option.

Reply to @labels4you: Got it! I didn’t know about this. Thanks for posting!

i have accept custom orders, but i have not that type with my gigs ,to give custom orders?

Hey :slight_smile: I clicked your name and I see it at the end of the gigs you actively put up.