How do I get a refund for an incomplete order?

Hi, I paid a seller for something and she didn’t do anything but is lying to me or is too dumb to realize that it’s not what I paid her for and she’s saying that it’s done.
I have the proof that no work was done to what we agreed on, on paper in our chat before I purchased the order from her.
I want her out of my hair and I want a refund or even a partial refund.
What can I do?

• 6 months later...

Did you ever resolve the issue? I have a similar problem. I ordered a package that was supposed to include source files, vector files, a social media kit, etc., for a logo. Instead, all I received was a jpeg mock up. I approved it because it looked great. I thought that after I approved it, I’d receive all the completed files. So far, nothing. The order is “complete,” but I only have a jpeg instead of a bunch of legit files. I just wrote to Customer Service, so I haven’t received a response yet. Were you ever able to communicate with them and did they refund your money? Zack

Did you ever resolve the issue? I have a similar problem. I ordered a package that was supposed to include source files, vector files, a social media kit, etc., for a logo. Instead, all I received was a jpeg mock up. I approved it because it looked great. I thought that after I approved it, I’d receive all the completed files. So far, nothing. The order is “complete,” but I only have a jpeg instead of a bunch of legit files. I just wrote to Customer Service, so I haven’t received a response yet. Were you ever able to communicate with them and did they refund your money? Zack

Hey Zack, to help your problem, most of designers when working on the logo send only jpg file so that customer can check it out and see if it needs changing or not, but once the design is as the customer likes it they work and send all the other files that are in the package ordered. So, my advice is to speak with person you are working with and if everything is ok tell them to send you all the rest of the files as agreed on purchasing… 🙂

Hey Zack, to help your problem, most of designers when working on the logo send only jpg file so that customer can check it out and see if it needs changing or not, but once the design is as the customer likes it they work and send all the other files that are in the package ordered. So, my advice is to speak with person you are working with and if everything is ok tell them to send you all the rest of the files as agreed on purchasing… 🙂

Thank you for your response. I’ve contacted the artist, but haven’t heard back yet. It’s only been a few hours, so I’m still hopeful. But what concerns me is that the order is marked as “complete” and he left a review saying it was great working with me - as if the transaction is finished. When I approved the order, I didn’t think I was approving the final delivery of product, but only approving the final logo design. But after doing all of that and providing a review and whatnot, I didn’t receive any additional source files (which was the whole point of the transaction). So, I’ll wait a bit longer, but I’m still concerned. I did also reach out to customer service, but it’s too soon to have heard back from them. Zack

Thank you for your response. I’ve contacted the artist, but haven’t heard back yet. It’s only been a few hours, so I’m still hopeful. But what concerns me is that the order is marked as “complete” and he left a review saying it was great working with me - as if the transaction is finished. When I approved the order, I didn’t think I was approving the final delivery of product, but only approving the final logo design. But after doing all of that and providing a review and whatnot, I didn’t receive any additional source files (which was the whole point of the transaction). So, I’ll wait a bit longer, but I’m still concerned. I did also reach out to customer service, but it’s too soon to have heard back from them. Zack

You’re welcome! Well, maybe it’s night time for them, not sure in which times zone they are… But there is nothing to worry about, as a designer I know it very well, most of the customers accept the delivery when they like it, even though not all the files are sent, but then I get to work on everything else too and send them in a chat here on Fiverr. 🙂 It’s really time consuming to work on all the files for each delivery, so the best option for both a designer and a client is to finalize the logo first and then work on the rest of the files as well. So, check out what time zone they are in, and be patient. 🙂 Also, if you’ve already ordered business card you can think in a meantime for which info you’d like to have on your stationary so that you can provide it to the designer so he or she can work on it all. 🙂

You’re welcome! Well, maybe it’s night time for them, not sure in which times zone they are… But there is nothing to worry about, as a designer I know it very well, most of the customers accept the delivery when they like it, even though not all the files are sent, but then I get to work on everything else too and send them in a chat here on Fiverr. 🙂 It’s really time consuming to work on all the files for each delivery, so the best option for both a designer and a client is to finalize the logo first and then work on the rest of the files as well. So, check out what time zone they are in, and be patient. 🙂 Also, if you’ve already ordered business card you can think in a meantime for which info you’d like to have on your stationary so that you can provide it to the designer so he or she can work on it all. 🙂

Thank you again. That’s helpful to know. It’s afternoon in their time zone. I guess I’ll just wait a little while to see if I receive the completed files. I just wish there was something on the website that made it clear I would need to wait to receive the files or that delivery of the finalized order is still pending even after it’s marked as “complete”! I really do like the work the man did and I’m excited to use the logo he drew for me. So, hopefully it all goes well and he gets back with me. I appreciate you taking the time to get back with me.

Thank you again. That’s helpful to know. It’s afternoon in their time zone. I guess I’ll just wait a little while to see if I receive the completed files. I just wish there was something on the website that made it clear I would need to wait to receive the files or that delivery of the finalized order is still pending even after it’s marked as “complete”! I really do like the work the man did and I’m excited to use the logo he drew for me. So, hopefully it all goes well and he gets back with me. I appreciate you taking the time to get back with me.

All cool. 🙂 Really nothing to worry about, you can just send him a message about that you are happy with the final design and that you are awaiting on the rest of the files you’ve ordered and they will get back to you. 🙂 And if he isn’t answering, there can be a million reasons, maybe he is working, maybe he is spending Sunday afternoon with this family or what not, but you will surely get what you’ve paid for. 🙂

Hey Zack, to help your problem, most of designers when working on the logo send only jpg file

Then you send that as a message, not as a delivery. @zastrong’s buyer sent a partial delivery and that is not allowed.

@zastrong, never accept an incomplete delivery. Sellers aren’t allowed to do that. Read the ToS again to refamiliarize yourself with your rights.

Make a ticket to CS to get a refund and explain this to them so they can refund it for you. They should know this seller is breaking the rules, anyway. You’ll be helping other buyers to avoid getting scammed. Good luck!

Hey Zack, to help your problem, most of designers when working on the logo send only jpg file

Then you send that as a message, not as a delivery. @zastrong’s buyer sent a partial delivery and that is not allowed.

@zastrong, never accept an incomplete delivery. Sellers aren’t allowed to do that. Read the ToS again to refamiliarize yourself with your rights.

Make a ticket to CS to get a refund and explain this to them so they can refund it for you. They should know this seller is breaking the rules, anyway. You’ll be helping other buyers to avoid getting scammed. Good luck!

There may be some sellers that do that, I don’t, I work here and I am not scamming anyone. There are buyers though that when you send them all the files (including source which doesn’t have the watermark over), and they use you, ask for numerous revisions and always keep each one and use each one of them. Basically for price of 1 design they get 10, which isn’t allowed either. Therefore, I doubt there is a problem with working on project and once the main design is finalized to work on other files from the package as well. There are people that know how it works, and there are those who doesn’t and accept before getting all, but I always send all the files they ordered, sometimes even some free stuff as a gratis. 🙂

Archived