How do I get money back from Fiverr?

I requested to gigs which totaled $90. Both sellers were very polite and cancelled my requests, but now I have $90 sitting in the Fiverr account that I want to put back in my Paypal/bank account. How do I do this?

Thanks, Bob

Bob,

As per Fiverr TOS, which you agreed to when signing up, money will never leave your Fiverr account once you spend it. It’s unfortunate for you, but that’s just policy. It’s still your $, but you have to use it on the site now. To avoid problems like that in the future, make sure you contact buyers before ordering. Those two cancellations could have easily been prevented.

Actually, the ToS has changed slightly, and you can submit a ticket to Customer Support and ask them to send the money back to your payment provider.

In order to prevent abuse, they will only agree to do it a limited number of times.

“Refunds

Fiverr does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.

Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit.”

I’m glad to hear it’s changed somewhat. The non-refund policy was quite unfair.