How Do I Keep Orders Under Control?

speedy876

This may be something that a lot of existing sellers with good traffic already know, but this one may help out some of the newer sellers here.

1. Don’t Set a default delivery date too close for comfort, 24 Hours for example. (You possibly only do this to catch the eye of some ‘right now’ buyers.) This may backfire like a blocked toilet and cover you in… you get the idea.
    No one wants to have 10 orders due in 5 minutes, where each one takes at least an hour to do. You will end up with sloppy deliveries and dozens of buyers wanting their money back due to either awful quality, or late submissions. Additionally, this may slap you with reviews that look like mouse droppings.

2. If you work with a team, assign the tasks as soon as the orders come in (We do this). Each employee should have a deadline earlier than the actual order deadline, to provide ample time to cross check and ensure everything’s top notch in case any issues arise.
    If you work alone, communicate with the buyer and let them know as soon as the order is placed, that you might need at least an extra day based on your current workload (This is if they order before sending a message.). Some will respect this, others may want to cancel. Don’t be afraid to cancel if they can’t wait, you’re setting a 1 star review trap for yourself here.

3. For those who have some heavy traffic days (For some this is Sunday/Monday) - Put in the extra work from Friday/Saturday to clear up as much orders as possible. Don’t “know what to expect” and do nothing about it. Don’t alter your delivery dates in your gig after the buyer places an order. This is deceitful, and some may pick up on this and report you faster than you can say “But…”.

4. This one goes for both teams and individual sellers. If you notice a day/week of heavy traffic, don’t be afraid to use the vacation button. This will stop buyers from hitting “Order Now”, and buy you some room to complete your pending orders. You may lose a few new orders, and some loyal buyers will hit “Notify”. Don’t worry about the ones you lose. It’s not the end of the world. On Fiverr, your reputation is worth more than a few orders. Without the reputation, those few may be the last you ever get.

So, with that said… Don’t be a Hero and try to play a “wanna-be Super Seller.” Know your limits, and be keen on your gigs, orders and deadlines.

A great seller is honest not just with their customers; they’re also honest with themselves.

Cheers,
✩ Speedy876 ✩

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Don’t Set a default delivery date too close for comfort.”

I find this rather realistic. You wouldn’t want to be delivering gigs that have not even gone through quality check. Always, always put importance in the quality of your work. Just because you are able to finish it before the deadline, doesn’t mean you managed to sweep every part of the given task. Check and double check. As much as possible deliver an output that the client expects of you. Keep in mind that a revision or backlog is as painful to the workflow as ever because it disrupts your current undertakings.

Fiverr has a feature called "LIMIT ORDERS IN QUEUE: “Using this feature allows you to control the number of orders you can receive. Once the limit you set is reached, your Gig will temporarily be removed from Fiverr’s search.
Disabling this feature returns your Gig to Fiverr’s search (approximately 15 minutes later)”

Go to My Gigs, then click on your popular gig and the rest is self-explanatory.

I don’t use this feature, but those of you with full-time jobs and other limitations should consider it.

@therealsiri: That’s exactly what I realize a lot of persons overlook. Personally seen some new sellers mimic conditions that others set in existing gigs, but when the load piles on, they extend deadlines (which is visible on their gig), and even so, end up getting lashed in the reviews for not double checking the work, and then promising multiple revisions (even in their review response). In some cases, one would think they use this tactic to ensure they ‘deliver’ then have a free pass to fully run the document again (without a time barrier) - Which can also lead to disaster of having double the work with double the orders still coming in.

@fastcopywriter: Honestly didn’t know that. Thanks for this. Will check it out; should definitely come in handy in the event that any seller really becomes bombarded.

Regards,
Speedy876

Just gonna add my experience:

As far as "4. This one goes for both teams and individual sellers. If you notice a day/week of heavy traffic, don’t be afraid to use the vacation button. This will stop buyers from hitting “Order Now”, and buy you some room to complete your pending orders. "

When I used the vacation button , I didnt get sales from that gig for 2 months. The gig was bringing about $400 per month.
Good luck with the vacation button!

@Videostore, how long did you go on vacation for? I’ve heard of cases where persons go on vacation for extended periods and return to heavy drop in sales; however, for this instance, the intention would be only to buy you a day or 2 max. Approx how long was the leave you took?

Regards,
Speedy876

The spits and spurts of Fiverr.com orders is similar to any business work flow. The suggestions given make for a good business model. I mix delivery times based on the gig and how long it takes to design and create an order. I also message clients to see if I can post an image temporarily to hold the clock, as I have encountered a time issue or the like.

Great tips! I use vacation mode liberally for a day here or there when I know I have some larger projects coming in, or if I know I’ll be busy with a family event or something of that nature. I think the most important thing, as you mentioned, is to communicate with your buyers. Most people aren’t worried about a little extra time if it means they get the results they want!

Thank you for this comment.

I was not aware of this feature either. I will be using this feature in the future.

Many times I have noticed that when I visit a sellers site and see that they’re on vacation, I notice that their last sale for that gig was 2 years ago, to me that means they’re no longer selling on Fiverr, so I will NOT likely be returning to their gig site.

If others have had this experience and see an “On Vacation” status, it’s quite possible that you could lose customers in the interim.

Why I can’t get order? can you advise me please,…

Admin Note: To all sellers, please do not use this thread to ask for individual sales help or to advertise (which includes any gig/profile links.) This is not the place for that and will get your post removed. Requests for individual help go in the Improve my Gig forum section and advertising goes in My Fiverr Gigs. Thank you.

Thanks speedy876 for the great info. Some of these tips i really not aware of. And yes i agree that 24 hrs delivery is very tough (at least for me) and i also recommend not going for this especially if you dont want to get negative feedback. Initially I tried 24 hrs deadline to get more orders but it was very hard for me and i increased my gig deadline to at least 2 days.
Thanks again for wonderful discussion.

I couldn’t agree more. My personal way of alleviating some of the pressure of a growing stack of orders was to start offering packages (and lowering the amount I’d do for the base package). I have a $5 base package that limits what needs to be done, and offer that in 24 hours. I offer more in my premium and pro packages, but set them for 48 hours. Even then, some days I need to hit that vacation button to keep myself from wallowing away in my studio and getting no sleep before other commitments. Time to go back to work!

Nicely put. We are also a “team” though only our proprietor handles the “budget” services we offer here versus privately contracted work. There are multiple good reasons why so few “firms” try Fiverr, let along continue here for very long.

Even so, the true profit margin through Fiverr vs. privately contracted clientele is, well, let’s just say it… abysmal. Fiverr is built on the illusion that what you are paid (after Fiverr’s 20% cut) is profit. This is false.

Maximizing profit (vs. gross income) through Fiverr is another (bleaker) discussion tangent to this one. Unfortunately, this requires true calculation of all costs involved, meaning the ones that only true professionals account vs. others who do not (want to) think of in the rush for pennies over dollars.

And perhaps there is good reason they (and Fiverr) do not want to hear about that.

Administrator, NDAS

Another suggestion to managing work flow is to decide what’s possible what’s sure.

What’s Possible! - Something that will require your buyers intervention prior to placing an order.

What’s Sure! - Something that you know you can accomplish on the fly without the buyer’s intervention.

A practice I like to employ; especially when bidding from the Buyer’s Request page and once the prospective buyer has responded, is to create mock ups and reply with a video snapshot of what was done so far with their initial requirement, expectations, short comings, recommendations and solution. I have had good success with this method particularly, sifting out misinterpretations & giving the buyer a chance to see, think & feel how to interject my recommendation(s) or not. By the time i’m done with the mock up stage, ordering and delivery date is down to 24 hours.

Another approach I like to use especially for those in the what’s sure; is to build the solution or mock up before the buyer responds. This way I get this out of the way within hours rather than letting it pile up when the buyer is ready to order.

Hi Speedy,thanks very much,but can you believe since I registered last year October i have never had an order?How do you do it.Help a brother out .Thanks

Admin Note: Since this one has a response already it will stay up and everyone can utilize tips that were given. Please do not use the thread to ask for individual sales help, though. That goes in Improve my Gig. Sellers who want to encourage good forum use could really help by going to Improve my Gig and offering suggestions to at least one person! Even if you have no sales yourself, you can offer critique there!

Archived