How Do Sellers Get Away With Intellectual Property Gigs?

I’ve seen gigs on Fiverr offering to have messages sent from the Minions or Kermit the Frog or something like that. How are they able to do this without violating intellectual property? And the reason I ask is because I can offer a gig using another intellectual property but I don’t wanna get sued for it later. Any constructive advice is welcome! Thanks!

You answered your own question. They “get away with it”. It’s illegal. Although it’s nearly impossible to say how illegal it is, depending on where the ‘product’ is made, sent, etc…

You know it’s illegal, so don’t do it. Simple.

Reply to @itsyourthing: Deja Vu! We’re having this same issue on a separate thread. SMH at all those shameful sellers who blatantly disobey the rules. It is truly upsetting to see them flying under the radar or “getting away with it.”

Reply to @vainpaper: With places like this, they don’t pass under the radar, they are encouraged!

There’s saying something along the lines of “Not my circus, not my monkeys.” But there are times, I feel the need to call 'em like I see 'em. (It’s not like anyone cares that much, either way.) :wink:

Reply to @itsyourthing: Yikes, so true. I’ve seen people unashamedly copying others gig descriptions, using gig samples that they have pulled from the internet, etc. GAWD.

Reply to @vainpaper: we should be charitable and assume that they are merely ignorant, or perhaps have done extensive research in their own locale and thoroughly vetted every order destination to ensure that no laws are breached.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: Yeah RIGHT! Almost makes me want to go vigilante on a reporting spree.

Reply to @vainpaper: Call me cynical, but I’d be willing to bet that you’d end up flagged and probably have your account suspended.

If I was just a little bit more bored, I’d take a quick count of how many TRSs are selling things that are against Fiverr ToS or plain old illegal. I’m just not that bored, yet. :wink:

Reply to @itsyourthing: Agreed.

Reply to @madmoo: That’s fantastic to hear! I forget how much big brother is actually watching, even if some slip through the cracks.

Reply to @madmoo: Is there actually a way to flag/report gigs or sellers without ordering? Flagging on the forum is pretty obvious, but I haven’t seen anything on profiles.