How do successful sellers make so much money? [ARCHIVED]

wndrwmn

To you successful sellers out there, how DO you do it? I got to a point where I was getting orders every day and I got so busy, I had to suspend the gigs that were doing well. And on top of that, even with people ordering multiple gigs here and there, I still didn’t make much money.

So how do you sellers who make a lot of money on fiverr, make a lot of money on fiverr???! Please let me and everyone else know your secrets. Please!?

Thanks!
Wendy

Hi Wendy,

This may not be the answer you were waiting for, but like you, I have periods with non-stop orders, and others with not more than an order or two a day, not doing anything more, less or different. I think that it depends on how Support feels about the presentation of your Gig, and I have the feeling that they take it in turn to expose your Gigs. The first thing they look at is how attractive and how unique the image you have uploaded is ( size does matter here 😉 ), and they say that having a video is very important. Apart from that, I am also dreaming of finding the secret recipe that will give me a regular number of sales a month. Hoping that a couple of the big hitters will share their secrets with us too.

By the way, I have collected all of your Gigs, apparently, this helps too. (please do the same for me, thanks).

John 🙂

First of all, Never Suspend your GIG, if you are getting workload, just increase the delivery time which makes you comfortable working on existing GIGs.

Secondly, be unique and provide the service which other are not providing, show your work quality so people attract to your work. Give them Extra so they come back again and again.

When you will Level up, you will have the ability to setup GIG EXTRAS, that is where you will begin to make serious money.

Always Deliver QUALITY WORK with Fast Speed 🙂

First of all, Never Suspend your GIG, if you are getting workload, just increase the delivery time which makes you comfortable working on existing GIGs.

Secondly, be unique and provide the service which other are not providing, show your work quality so people attract to your work. Give them Extra so they come back again and again.

When you will Level up, you will have the ability to setup GIG EXTRAS, that is where you will begin to make serious money.

Always Deliver QUALITY WORK with Fast Speed 🙂

All good points, thanks guys. As a matter of fact, they just upgraded me to the 2nd level as I was writing the post last night. And my gigs, the ones that were keeping me so busy, are still suspended because I’ve been busy on a few other projects for clients that I found via fiverr gigs. I’ve learned that clients you find from fiverr gigs don’t have the money to pay even half of my going rate so I won’t be getting anymore clients that way. But I digress…

When I was so busy with gigs before I suspended them, I had been using the Gig Extras which gave me more money, and as I mentioned, I was getting plenty of work to do.

What I’m trying to understand is, even though one might be getting gig extras and lots of orders, It’s the $$$ coming in that’s disappointing.

How are some fiverr sellers making the big bucks??? That’s what I want to know.

Reply to @wndrwmn: The real money comes when incrementalize (hey I created a new word) your Gigs. In other words emphasize quality over quantity and break down your gig. So if you offer 30 seconds of recorded video for $5 then break that down further and offer $5 for 10seconds instead. If you offer 150 words read for $5 then offer 100 words for $5. Again emphasize quality over quantity and the deliver on that promise of awesome work. Otherwise your reputation will suffer. Eventually the multi-gig orders will stack up!

My two cents worth.

Reply to @wndrwmn: In addition, I would think that offering the types of gigs that can be completed quickly would really help. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I’m looking to buy I tend to look for the sellers with the lowest turnaround time. 9 times out of 10, there is always someone who can finish what I need in 24 hours. People like quality, but they also like quick service.

When I decided that I wanted to become a seller, I did some serious thinking about possible services I could offer and settled on one that I can complete in a matter of minutes (not hours or days) and that doesn’t require revisions of any kind - an end product that doesn’t have any room for argument or interpretation. With some testing, I determined the exact amount of orders I can handle in a day so that I know how to schedule my work days. I hope that this will help me eventually create a steady stream of orders. The faster I can complete gigs, the more time I have in my day to promote the gig in various ways outside of Fiverr.

It reminds me of the days when I used to be a server. Other servers always hated the section that had the small tables (mostly tables for couples or lone diners). They felt that they wouldn’t make good tips from serving only couples or individuals all day. They preferred the big parties and tables that sat 4 to 6 people because they felt that the tips would be higher. Well I learned quickly that it was the other way around. With only 1 or 2 people at a table, I could offer them more personal service, see to their needs more frequently and get them in and out quickly. There was also less chance of messing up their orders because there weren’t that many of them. What I found was that this section became the “money pit” of the restaurant! An individual or couple was likely to stay for a shorter period that a big table or party. So I could serve them well and turn the tables over quickly resulting in more tips than those who had to spend an hour or more on bigger parties.

How does that relate? On Fiverr, my goal is to recreate that “money pit” through the gigs I offer. Small (but high-value and high-quality) services that can be completed quickly so that I can handle more of them per day. The gig says it will complete in 1 day but I can deliver in 30 min. or less. Once I reach the point of being able to offer gig extras, they will follow the same pattern - a value-add that won’t increase delivery time. It’s just a theory at this point since I’m new and haven’t started to really promote or earn sales yet, but the hope is that like that section of small tables in the restaurant, I’ll be able to deliver quickly and rack up the sales that way. 🙂

Thanks everyone! The gigs that are most popular for me are the ones that can take a couple of days to do, sometimes more, for one gig, so I know that’s gotta change.

And all of your suggestions and tips are great, but is there no secret to making a lot of money on fiverr? There has to be more to it than that, no???

Reply to @wndrwmn: shrugs The industries and experiences are so different here that I seriously doubt there is any one “secret” to being successful. From what I’ve gathered through research and talking with others, the most successful sellers:

• Take pride in their gig presentation through custom images & videos
  • Deliver EARLY (remember, early is on time and on time is late)
  • Go above & beyond (offering freebies sometimes helps)
  • Offer great communication & customer service
  • Choose services that can be delivered quickly
  • Respond to all feedback, negative or positive
  • Don’t focus on the money, but on constantly improving their skills / offerings

Outside of those somewhat obvious things, it’s probably a good idea to know how to properly promote your gig outside of Fiverr. Because you may not always have a featured gig on the home page or you may not be at the top of the search results for your category, you can’t depend solely on Fiverr for traffic to your gig. Take some time each day to promote your gig in thoughtful ways - through blog posts, contests etc. on social networks. Start presenting yourself as an engaged expert in your field on other sites and people will start to take notice. Then focus on providing a good experience for every buyer. If you do this (and have chosen a service or product that is in demand), the money will likely follow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  1. Be available for orders. My biggest regret is not owning a laptop, this means that if I’m on vacation and the hotel doesn’t have a computer center, I won’t be available for orders.

2. Work within your area of expertise. There are somethings you can learn as you do them, but usually is better if you stay with what you know. In the past I tried learning how to do whiteboard videos, but it was so hard and frustrating I gave up. I’m glad I did, I rather let others do that while I do what I know.

3. Don’t hurt buyers. If an order is too hard, refund it. If they don’t like your work, refund it. If you hate making revisions (I do), refund them. Never be afraid to give their money back, this will minimize negative reviews and it will give you an honorable reputation. If you do get a bad review, ask them “why didn’t you demand a refund?” when you reply that review.

4. Don’t offer freebies, it only makes you look cheap and desperate.

5. Don’t offer to deliver the work in 6 to 12 hours, see #4.

6. Be honest, if you use a machine to do audio transcriptions, say so. Buyers will trust you more than if you claim otherwise.

7. Focus on the money, the sooner you deliver, the sooner you’ll make money. I’m so tired of people dismissing money as it if was a bad thing or unimportant.

8. Focus on reputation and time. If there’s one thing more valuable than money is your reputation (rating) and the time you spend doing gigs. Money can be lost or made, but once time is wasted, it’s wasted forever. The same with reputation, getting a ton of bad reviews because you don’t offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or your Money Back is foolish. What good is making $50 today if you’ll only make $5 tomorrow? Scamming people might help you make some money at first, but you won’t make a cent later on.

Just be nice with your clients.Never be rude with them.If you follow their instructions carrefully and polite the chance they can order again is increasing a lot.This is very good thing if you have clients that are with you for Long Term.Finally the real money come from gig extras.Keep them good,clean and understandable so the clients can order them.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it’s important to know what amount of money do you want to make. What’s big bucks? In my second month I almost hit $1000, the only reason I didn’t was because I paused my gigs the last week to catch up with orders and focus on renovation works in my apartment.

By the way I don’t think it’s a bad thing to pause your gigs from time to time - I’d rather do this, because if you increase delivery time, it averages on your increased delivery time and shows you deliver slow even after you’re back, working hard.

What I’m trying to do is double that Fiverr income by creating very strict processes for my work. I have template answers for most of the questions my clients ask me; I have timed myself to see how much time do I need for a gig and have improved that time from 30 min in the beginning to 17-18 min now. Which is alright, though it could be better.

I also always try to up-sale by offering additional services in my delivery message. Many people take me on my offers and some just come back with whatever else they need done. So that also works.

Overall once you get the money and good reviews rolling in, you have to focus on improving your processes, so that you can handle more and more work and deliver quality.

Hope this helps.

Reply to @wndrwmn: What do you mean you are busy on a few other projects for clients that you have found via Fiverr gigs? You mean you suspended some of your Fiverr gigs so you can work on other gigs that you had a lot of orders on?

I hope you are not getting clients from Fiverr and then working with them off of Fiverr, the is against the rules.

But I think the secret to making money is that you don’t do only $5 gigs. YOu figure out ways to leverage your time andmake money by adding extras. Maybe at the beginning when you are getting started you might have to do many $5 gigs but after you get going your goal should be to make more money per gig ordered.

One and the foremost point is to be followed is hard work and best in your commitments. This principle is not for single occasion but for every time.Whatever order you are receiving it is to be completed by you at given time and at given hour and thereby you will win the heart of your customer then you will get chain of customers and you will play in money…money…money…

Reply to @guruofbacklinks - really, they think singles and couples don’t tip well? Pfft! That must be why when I eat at certain restaurants they always serve the big parties first and I have to wait a very long time just to get a glass of water. I always thought big tables tip less. Why else do restaurants have an “automatic gratuity” for tables with more people?

On topic, to earn more money, charge more. I bought gigs from a seller who was swamped with orders. I told him to double his prices by lowering the number of words per gig to half. Now he is still swamped with orders and he makes 2x more.

If someone approached me with some terrible threat and said, “Give me the one reason successful Fiverr sellers are able to make so much money!”

I would say, “They start small, putting everything they’ve got into their initial orders, until they reach a point where their value is assumed. Then they’re not only able to charge more, but they can streamline other services. It’s a simple formula for Fiverr winners!” … and then I’d kick them in the shin and run away.

Reply to @mayasayvanova: Great tips! And I’m so happy to hear another successful seller say it’s not a bad thing to pause your gigs sometimes. I find I absolutely need to when the orders get too overwhelming, or when I have a very large order that needs a lot of my time and concentration. Sometimes I use vacation mode and other times I pause the gig. I only do this when I really need it, and it saves my sanity and helps me do a better job for my clients.

Archived