How do we handle an order that doesnt include extras that are needed

leonardpayne1

Hi there - I’m new to the forum and I wonder whether you can help.

I have received an order for a voice over/narration but buyer requires some background
music which (s)he has provided. My gig specifically states that this is an extra.

I’ve sent an additional offer for the missing item but I have noticed that the clock is
still ticking.

What happens (a) if the time runs out or (b) I just get no response from the customer??

I’m thinking of just narrating and leaving off the music but the danger is getting a neg review!!

Any ideas

Thanks
leonardpayne

I think s/he might have understood it so that the extra is if s/he wants you to provide the music, so might be only a misunderstanding, not that s/he doesn´t want to pay for it.
I´d try to reach her/him and to clear it up, and maybe see if you can word it still clearer in your gig/extras description for the future (I don´t know how you did word it though, so of course it might be very clear already).
Of course you have a problem if s/he won´t react fast enough, so I suppose DJ’s suggestion may be best for now.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! 🙂

OK - I walked the extra mile and added the background music free.
I then walked an extra mile by delivering a day early.
Then walked an extra mile by delivery in three formats.

Delivered

Then waited for completion
and waited and waited
and after 3 days - Fiverr auto completes.

The buyer comes back 2 days after this and says “Oh No - I didn’t want the music background added.
It was to give you a guide(??) as to the kind of tone it should have. Please do it again”

I sent him a special offer of $5 to do it again. The old order was completed.

“I want it again” He writes and then gives ms a 1.4 review. !!!

James 1: “count it all joy …, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”

OK - I walked the extra mile and added the background music free.

I then walked an extra mile by delivering a day early.

Then walked an extra mile by delivery in three formats.

Delivered

Then waited for completion

and waited and waited

and after 3 days - Fiverr auto completes.

The buyer comes back 2 days after this and says “Oh No - I didn’t want the music background added.

It was to give you a guide(??) as to the kind of tone it should have. Please do it again”

I sent him a special offer of $5 to do it again. The old order was completed.

“I want it again” He writes and then gives ms a 1.4 review. !!!

James 1: “count it all joy …, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”

From what you say here, it seems like you really went with Matthew 5:41 on this order but the unfortunate thing is that very often in doing this you end up offering pearls before swine.

I wouldn’t worry about the review, it is such a silly review that people will not take notice of it, it stands out as ridiculous against all the great reviews. Just move on and keep producing great work(s) 😃

Archived