How do you create a professional showcase video?

Guest xboxer16

Guest xboxer16

When posting my first few gigs on Fiverr, I notice that they highly encourage you to post a video to showcase your service. When I attempted to do this with a regular screen recorder, and basic microphone, I ended up with a terrible quality video, that was twice the size Fiverr allowed. This lead me to reach out to the community, in hope that you guys have some ideas on tips and/or software suggestions (preferably free) that can help me out.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read and respond!

For those DYI folks:

I have wanted to do video work, but a web cam and a built in mic are not always the best quality. Here is what I suggest.

If your work is flat work, printed, or otherwise non-video oriented (artwork, design, typing, etc), and you don’t have the good quality programs to do motion graphics videos - tag one of your fellow Fiverr sellers that do that sort of thing.

If you have windows and don’t mind a slightly lower-quality piece that gets the point across - you can user Windows built in move maker (I don’t know what Mac has, sorry). Or, I -think- you can export a Power Point presentation as a video.

(breaking up post to avoid “TL:DR”)

You want the height and width to be minimum, and your audio compression well-compressed. It’s the audio that makes the file so massive. Non-audio is smaller by a lot, but also a bit boring. 😕

If you do videos then you have the basis of doing a video montage, more or less. Likely you already know what to do if you are doing videos? Maybe?

If this is a thing you are still really not sure about, or some of the jargon above makes you scratch your head, I would seriously consider buying from a fellow Fiverr seller. It supports the micro-freelance community and helps move the money around. 🙂

Also, for audio - use a gaming head set with a mic.

If you are going to do a lot of videos, or audio work, consider saving up for a good mic with a “pop” reducer/filter. (Letters like “P” “pop” on audio recordings.)

Archived