How do you deal with this?

tylady

Hello fiverr sellers,

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever faced the some problem like me as a seller.

So I always try to be as responssive and friendly as possible to every buyer even the ones who end up not ordering anything, but sometimes I just get messages from buyers who ask so many questions (often irrelevant to the services I offer). They will ask about this and that (even ask me to make samples which I always happily do if i think I can do the work), I always answer and try to be friendly, but after answering all of their questions without having any problems (they seem to be convinced) they just end up not ordering anything. I’m not trying to complain too much, but i just want to know if this is common and how you deal with this.

I’ve had several buyers do this to me, some even used to send me updates about how they are getting things ready, but kept asking questions - and then disappeared.

The worst was the convo I had with someone that has a total of 47 messages!! The guy even ordered two gigs, had me do a “sample” that he wanted to get approved by “his client” before getting me do the “final draft” - then he said his client didn’t like the sample and he wanted me to refund his money. (He also had the nerve to say he wants to continue doing “regular” business with me - but I straight off told him never to contact me again).

Since then I’ve stopped being all nice and friendly - now I just send a maximum of two messages to potential buyers, explaining everything as best as I can, and if they still don’t order, I stop responding.

Reply to @pendulator: I find some potential buyers try to fool me and it’s not a good thing to deal with as I’m trying to keep a good communication with every buyer but It can be a little crazy sometimes. Even a buyer can be really demanding and wanting a work worth more than $5 and I just didn’t see it coming when the order was just placed. 😛

Archived