Fiverr Forum

How do you deliver revisions?

Until now I’ve been using “Deliver again” to deliver my revisions, but I’ve been wondering if that’s the right way?

Does the delivery time increase when I do that? Should I be using a regular message + attachements instead?

For my family tree gig I just used the regular communcation box below the delivered message box and attach the documents there thus not extending the delivered time. Good luck with you continued success

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Thanks for the feedback, I guess I’ll start doing that as well! Closing in on level 2 so I gotta learn the ins and outs :slight_smile:

I have a web design gig and I’ve noticed for similar gigs, the sellers say they would do 2 or 3 revisions. I don’t list that in my description. If it’s a small revision even if its something the buyer forget to mention, I’ll do it no problem. If it’s a large one I ask the buyer to make another order.

Kim

Reply to @kim_talented: my question wasn’t whether or not to do revisions, but what the best way of delivering them is :slight_smile:

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for the thorough explanation! I think using “deliver again” messes up your ‘express’ status if you deliver the revision after 24 hrs.

Reply to @madmoo: Yeah I agree, but you’re further ahead in your career :slight_smile: I’m still working hard on my level 2, which is about 3 orders away… I will slow down a little after that (but not much :))

Some very good tips. Thanks everyone

Reply to @refugeek: I was just letting you know what others do compared to what I do so you can make your decision from there… I didn’t say how to deliver revisions.

Kim

Reply to @kim_talented: Gotcha, thanks :slight_smile: You do have a point, some revision request are quite extensive… so far I haven’t asked ppl to reorder though.

Wow I didn’t know that! :slight_smile: I’ve been using the deliver again text box for revisions

Reply to @magisworks: I only realised it when my gigs lost their express status because of this :slight_smile:

Reply to @refugeek: I’ve been learning new things each day in this forum :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Hmm i hit deliver again BEFORE the time runs out and it seems to be fine.

Reply to @caiterz: Yeah, but on a 24 hour gig it’s not evident to do both the original work and the revision within those 24 hours. By the time I get the feedback on the first design, too much time may have already passed…

just use the message box. if the order is already delivered and the customer has or hasn’t rated it just send by message as per the customers instructions unless they want it redelivered.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I guess it depends on the gig. I do graphic design mostly and it’s quite common buyers ask me to change a color, a word’s size… It does add to the workload, but I can’t honestly ask them to re-order for stuff like that, and I want 'em to be happy :slight_smile:

@madmoo that is the same way I feel, go over and over until they are happy.

@oldbittgrandma I like the idea of giving the buyer an opportunity to choose.

For my family tree gig I just used the regular communcation box below the delivered message box and attach the documents there thus not extending the delivered time. Good luck with you continued success