How do you feel if your competitor gig has more sales than yours?

wildgirl

Guest digitalduo

No need to shorten delivery time.

Every gig I create is based on our skills and working time.

I think that if you short too much your delivery time without thinking about how REALLY much time you have you risk to increase your negative feedback rate.

Bonuses or extras can help here, because sometimes some additional work can be easely a few hours longer to do.

What I really do if I see a “luckyer” competitor is inspire myself to create something different and better, without constrain my working times.

-DD-

When I first started, I got wrapped up in what others were doing instead of focusing on my own. I can only compete with myself and produce quality service to my customers instead of wasting time watching others move ahead of me. But when I have ZERO in queue… yes, it’s frustrating…

I am being facetious… There’s a logo guy on here who delivers in 8 days that has almost 400 in his q. I’m just saying there got to be a reason for that. He is pretty good designer and I am sure it’s deserved. But Fiverr does Favor him. Prob has some pretty good marketing behind that too.

So he’s prob better than me. I am ok with that. There is some pretty cool video gigeroonies on here to that have many in their q. Videos take a while to so thats prob why they have many in their q.

Well there’s favor I believe but basically because they are getting the sales therefore they are featured more then of course the cycle continues because that makes them get more sales… A person who isn’t seen may have better quality work but who sees them, not many. Buyers see the person who is featured or on the first pages, has plenty of gigs and automatically assumes their work is the best because of that. Sales drive everything here and everywhere.

I personally have a gig that I know my work is way more better than several others who keeps 20-30 in queue and charges 3-4 times more than I do for less quality work. Again, they are featured, on first few pages, seen, and bought.

So someone with no sales can have better work than someone with tons of work.

Does it make me feel bad, no but I do growl a bit because I know my work is clearly that much better. I continue to hope (and pray) that my gigs get discovered. (SOON 🙂

I was discussing how successful the seller is on Fiverr and how he was marketing himself. This would be great information for sellers trying to make their sells popular on Fiverr.

Tons of threads about how to make their gigs popular. this seems to be a proven method.

The guy has over 500 in his q. How would it be wrong to try and replicate success. Except maybe Fiverr only wants a select few to be successful?

Than why not remove that single post. I wasn’t calling him out to get him in trouble. I wasn’t aware that if you sell on fiverr your weren’t allowed to sell elsewhere.

And if every was allowed to be successful than there would be a rotation of featured members not the same people over and over. You have to sit on fiverr a very long time hustling for sales before you meet the requirement to have your gig featured. With millions of visitors everyday visiting fiverr and the featured people are constantly the same ones over and over. Of course they are going to continue to be successful not allowing others with maybe better quality gigs or services to be seen because the one’s that are being seen are the one’s being purchased.

So if your gigs are not being purchased because of the Fiverr Favorite’s snagging up all the attention what can you do? You think of creative ways to bring in customers. Your not getting help from Fiverr like their favorites get. So posting this guys methods would be helpful to others that may be having a hard time. I do not see the wrong in that. When you remove something that clearly is intended for others to learn from that leads me to believe there is an ulterior motive besides the TOS issue. It would be simpler to remove the “Clone” Comment than to remove everything.

Reply to @newopp: I feel it kind of shows a good sign of life if the person has pending orders on a day to day basis. It actually makes me feel confident with the particular person as to me it shows that they may have repeat buyers which means initially they offered a quality service, especially if they have a lot of recent feedback below it, too. It’s especially encouraging if that feedback below is from the same people. So, I suppose a good mix of some recent feedback plus at least some orders in queue has always did me good. Of course, I still strive to get the orders out as fast as possible either way to keep people that order my gigs coming back.

Reply to @madmoo: That’s how I look at it too, when buying. If they have too many in the queue, it makes me wonder if they’ll meet the deadline. I worked with a graphic designer a while back who has a 7-day lead time. Think he had something like 25 or 26 orders in his queue. Despite the 7-day lead time I was nervous that he wouldn’t meet the deadline with all those other orders head of mine (and I bought several extras which made mine one of the more complicated projects). He made it on time, but I needed the finished product right on time and was super nervous…particularly when I didn’t see his queue decrease over several days.

Also, when a seller has a ton of orders in their queue it makes me wonder how responsive they’ll be in terms of communication…

Reply to @guruofbacklinks: I am not too worried about an individual delivering if they have 100% positive feedback after many many previous gigs done, but I guess it would be a little worry-some if I looked in the pending orders for a new seller without feedback or anything. Some new sellers I am sure if they post a gig up and get 10 to 15 orders all of a sudden it may seem overwhelming and quite frankly they might not be able to deliver as it caught them off-guard. If the seller has been around long enough though, that never worries me. I have made a few gig buys in the past and plans to make a few more in the future and as long as the individual isn’t totally brand new, I am not too worried even if they have 50+ orders in queue.

Reply to @madmoo: Yeah, I perfectly understand the preparation ones. I have had lots of additional success especially on newer gigs I make when I let it build up a little bit. In a lot of cases though I dont’ really have much of a choice due to time constraints. I think in relation to this though, I suppose it really depends what the person is selling and the type of buyers that happen to come across it.

Honestly, if I was in the supermarket and I had to wait behind even 20 people, I wouldn’t mind. As long as the person up at the cash register is someone I know is friendly or won’t be a hassle, and won’t treat my purchased groceries like they were junk, and that actually knew how to bag them right. Aka, in some cases I avoid even short lines if it’s someone I know doesn’t take their job seriously enough which may cause any number of issues. If I feel I can trust the seller enough, any time even if it takes a month to deliver the product is good enough for me as long as the product I ordered is what they claimed it to be in the description. I guess I am just weird though, eh?

Guest drawforever

When I saw my competitor’s gig had more sale than mine especially if their work is more inferior than mine, I would just do nothing. I don’t really care anymore if I get orders or not. If I do get orders then I will deliver it.

But what I will NOT do is drive my traffic using my time and my effort just to get $3.92 which takes me 14 days to withdraw.

Also Fiverr need to stop featuring the same people and give other sellers a chance who has proven to be just as capable.

Reply to @drawforever: I do agree that it would be nice to see a bit more rotation in the featured gigs / sellers on the home page, especially from a buyer’s perspective. Some people visiting the site for the first time won’t venture too far past the home page and if they only see the same gigs or same sellers there all the time, they may not consider that Fiverr has a LOT more to offer than those gigs that are constantly featured. Someone with time on their hands might wander around the site and explore a bit, but customers in need of services are busy and they get hit with marketing and ads from so many different directions that they may not take the time to explore the whole of the site beyond what’s featured - or else they may not think that anything else is worth the investment because it isn’t featured.

However, I will say that I don’t mind spending my time driving traffic. It’s not the fact that each sale is worth about $3.92 that I focus on. I am trying to build something much bigger than just a few orders here and there. Just like many of the graphic designers and writers and other artists here, I am trying to build up a “portfolio” and notoriety in my industry. That is worth taking the time to draw traffic. Here’s the thing though…my focus is on driving traffic to my website, which features my gig. That way, I can benefit from building relationships with blog readers, other bloggers and business owners while at the same time introducing them to my Fiverr gig.

I had someone recently tell me that I’ve gone overboard in my zeal to hit it big on Fiverr. I just smiled at them. Perhaps it seems like going overboard to them, but I treat every venture I start like a real business and not just a hobby. It’s got my name and brand on it after all, and the Internet has a LONG memory. Years from now when I’ve made it farther in my career, I want people to be able to look at my time on Fiverr and appreciate that I was willing to be just as dedicated and professional for quick, $3.92 sales as I am for anything else. Might not seem like much, but it ALL matters in the grand scheme of things.

Archived