Fiverr Forum

How do you handle overdue invoices and get difficult clients to pay?

Getting stiffed by a client is practically (and unfortunately) an experience most freelancers make at some point.

What are you best strategies for collecting outstanding payments?

• 50% deposit when accepting proposal
  • 25% when prototype / demo is accepted
  • 25% after migration

No payment no work. Deposit non-refundable.

Always get paid in advance. :wink:

I 100% agree. No payment, no work. I request new to me clients pay 100% up front on all jobs less than $500. Anything above that I request 50% up front, and 50% when the 1st draft is submitted.

It’s not worth my time to chase down invoices.

yes, some buyer come to me and said, first do the work and if your work is good for me then I will order and pay you. So just ask payment in advance.

I always ask for full payment upfront (unless it is over $500 in which case I ask for a 50% deposit). With some clients I have a good relationship with and have received quick and hassle free payments, I will give them 7 day terms - but they have to prove themselves first.

Isn’t Fiverr a pay in advanced platform? So how can there be an overdue? Kind of comical, isn’t it a violation of TOS to deliver work before payment?

• Buyers pay Fiverr in advance to create an order.

Is Fiverr asking to violate their own TOS by using AND.CO (I don’t know how AND.CO works).

• Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com.

and.co is owned by fiverr - this thread is in the and.co section of the forum :slight_smile:

Still it uses a different URL.

You may have missed this announcement in January: Introducing AND CO from Fiverr

I got the notification about it. I think you’re missing the point here.

https://www.and.co

Is Not

https://www.Fiverr.com

I suspect perhaps you might be missing the point. This isn’t a discussion about fiverr payments, more freelancing payments in general, as and.co has a feature to help you manage your income - hence the post. This isn’t a fiverr discussion but an and.co discussion :slight_smile:

and.co is a separate company to fiverr, but owned by fiverr

https://forum.fiverr.com

Yes it is a different post and category. I don’t know may be TOS doesn’t apply to the forum.

The TOS does apply to the forum, but this part of the forum is about and.co, of course the link is allowed (as it is linking to a company owned by fiverr, discussed on a forum owned by fiverr linking to and about the company owned by fiverr!) I am not sure how else to explain it!

As sue said, it is a company owned by fiverr so even though it is a different company, it still gets to be on the forum.

i take 70% payment advance and 30% after delivery @uxreview @jcmcbride

What % of this is non-refundable?

depending on project completion percentage

This won’t work with most clients. You have to tell this upfront.
If the deposit is not refundable then client needs to know this before they commit. It needs to be in the contract.

yes i have a contract which describes all the terms in detail to the client then after signing that contract by client i take the order and upfront payment
but i haven’t faced any issue with this and it works for me because i show all the terms clearly to client then take order