Fiverr Forum

How do you make those special Characters in your Gig Description?

I have seen a lot of sellers that have little stars, check marks, and other little designs to break up their text in their description of their gig.

Can someone let me in on that secret?

Make sure you post windows default symbols.

You use the Character Map tool for Windows Systems. I’m not sure how on a Apple Device.

Reply to @madmoo: That’s the best way to do it.

Reply to @anarchofighter: I am not sure if that would work on everyone’s computer because that is font driven and if the buyer does not have the font on their system, they may not see the symbol.

Thank you for your help I didn’t even know about the Character Map.

They are also generated by the use of the alt-key and a combination of numpad buttons.

Fragglesrock

the URL above shows a organized list.

Sheriff’s note, Please refrain from posting external links :slight_smile: Thanks :slight_smile:

hotwebideas said: font driven and if the buyer does not have the font on their system, they may not see the symbol.

I'm not sure either...

I assume it works because the character map is fairly standard across the fonts. And if someone doesn't have the specific font installed (or Fiverr doesn't display it) it would go to the same ascii code for the other font, NO?

I tried using the character codes on a gig, but for some reason, it didn’t work. :frowning:

Star ★

Oh, well it worked here. I’ll separate the code for you.

& # 9 7 3 3 ;

&#9733 ; is working ?

it worked here in the forum, but I haven’t tried it on my actual gig.

Reply to @arnevb: Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Reply to @arnevb: Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Reply to @arnevb: Good Find !

special characters not working