How do you Multi-Task and Manage Time and Orders?

williamz902

Not sure where else to put this topic, so let me put it here.

I’m finding that I’m struggling a little bit to manage orders and time - for example, I usually prefer to work on one project until it’s completed - but during that time the timer runs on other orders, and then I have to scramble to prioritize the one with the least amount of time remaining.

I’m interested to find out how other Fiverr users manage their time, orders and multi-task between orders? Do you work on several orders a little bit each day, or do you also focus on only one at a time?

I do the gigs that are quick (less than 30 minutes) first and get them out of the way, usually in coffee breaks between doing other non-fiverr things. Then I pick a block of a few hours to do a longer project. I start all projects to make sure I have got the requirements straight in my head and have estimated the time correctly and haven’t missed something that means it’s going to take me twice as long as I thought. I prefer to work on one thing at a time so I plan my days accordingly to meet deliver requirements. I try and get things finished quickly and out of the way in case another order comes along.

You also need to learn to say no. I have a lot going on outside of Fiverr. I worked out recently that I turn away approximately 80% of the people who contact me wanting work simply because I don’t have time. when I started on Fiverr I hated to turn buyers away but it was unsustainable.

Yes, I have experienced in have Multi-Task. When I get one more order at a time, first I fix the time for several tasks. I use FOFD ( First Order First Delivery) to complete the Task. First I determine myself that how many hours I’ll work for then I distribute my time period.
Mod Note: Link to your gig removed. Please do not try to promote yourself or get people to visit your gig through links to your profile. If people want to visit your profile they can do it easily by clicking your picture.

Great thread!

I have several projects ongoing at any given time and I respond to each based on the delivery timeframe.
It’s really simple. Depending on which order needs completion I will work on that one. I usually try and complete the easier orders first, so sometimes if one purchased a service from me several days before and it’s a bigger project than what someone purchase today, I would complete the easier project to get it off my chest.

I’m interested to know how others do it 😉

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

As an example. I’m new to Fiverr, haven’t made a single sale yet. Sure, I could just lower my price and hope that a $5 price tag starts attracting customers. But instead I choose to say NO to that type of situation. Because why should I want to work 10 times harder while making 10 times less? My time is worth a lot more than that, I’m fully aware of it.

That may work. For most it won’t. Just because you’re worth more doesn’t mean people know you are better and worth it at first.

Until you have a set of X satisfied clients on Fiverr, with some reviews, it’s rare someone gets exactly what they are worth short term.

If you go look for a new job right out of college, you may be the best designer/creative they have ever seen, but you’re usually going to accept a job at a lower rate and then get raises along the way.

For most, they will START at a lower rate, pay some dues to become established, THEN get regular stream of clients who understand the value and will pay more.

I’m not saying you have to be at $5, but you may need to start at $20 or $30 or something for a few gigs. Most businesses have startup specials, they may not even make money at first…and in the many markets it’s common to take a year or three to break even.

All the best, I hope to hear how your strategy plays out. Only time will tell.

I have a job and I’m writing on the side. I manage my time by planning my work and make sure my work is plannable.

I respond to messages in the breaks at the office or last thing in the evening (I don’t get that many, and people that expect a reply right away probably don’t have work that can be planned).

Currently, I have three regular clients who are aware of my situation, appreciate my work and that let me make my own planning. They let me make an offer for 12 hours worth of work with a deadline of 28 days. If I have time, I finish it in two days, when I am busy they don’t mind that it takes the full four weeks.

Yes, I have experienced in have Multi-Task. When I get one more order at a time, first I fix the time for several tasks. I use FOFD ( First Order First Delivery) to complete the Task. First I determine myself that how many hours I’ll work for then I distribute my time period.

Mod Note: Link to your gig removed. Please do not try to promote yourself or get people to visit your gig through links to your profile. If people want to visit your profile they can do it easily by clicking your picture.

(This is a reply to the Mod.)

Actually… I’ve noticed that, over the last few weeks or so, you can’t get to the URL of the user’s page (like you could before) without an extra click, that is, on the ‘Activity’ tab. I don’t know if this is intentional or an overlooked bug but it is certainly not convenient.

(This is a reply to the Mod.)

Actually… I’ve noticed that, over the last few weeks or so, you can’t get to the URL of the user’s page (like you could before) without an extra click, that is, on the ‘Activity’ tab. I don’t know if this is intentional or an overlooked bug but it is certainly not convenient.

without an extra click, that is, on the ‘Activity’ tab. I don’t know if this is intentional or an overlooked bug but it is certainly not convenient.

If you click the profile picture on the left, a little card comes up with a link to the profile. No need to click on the username and go to Activity.

without an extra click, that is, on the ‘Activity’ tab. I don’t know if this is intentional or an overlooked bug but it is certainly not convenient.

If you click the profile picture on the left, a little card comes up with a link to the profile. No need to click on the username and go to Activity.

Oh. I didn’t know that. Thanks for sharing!

I plan out my day the night before then I focus on my smaller orders in the morning. Once those are out of the way, I do my daily delivery orders then start work on my larger orders which I usually deliver later in the week.

I respond to messages on my breaks so they’re still responded to in a timely manner.

Practice makes perfect.

At the beginning of my Career, I’ve struggled (both emotionally and time - wise) with 2 - 3 Orders.

Now I can handle 15 - 20 without problems.

Practice makes perfect. I’m sorry, but there’s no magic technique, advise or pill that makes it better.

Only time and deliberate practice.

Like most things in life.

Archived