Fiverr Forum

How do you request a refund

i ordered a gig that was delivered today that i was not pleased with how can I get a refund?

You beg and you plead, you claim you have a sick mother, or try “I am 12 year old Indonesian poor girl gimme money plez kind sir!!!”

are you serious?

I guess honestly telling them that you were not happy is the best thing.

You can give the seller another chance for him/her to rework on it, if you are still

not happy, ask for a refund.

Personally as a seller myself, I much rather give the buyer a refund rather than risking a negative rating.

I’d say it would be a good idea to tell them why/how you were not satisfied, just to make things a bit more clear for the seller if you are going to ask them to rework on it.

If you’re not happy, ask for a refund, but be nice and at least thank them for trying. :slight_smile:

i gave a negative review which was honest on how I felt and I also asked for a refund. How long does it take to issue a refund may I ask and thanks so much

Personally I’m not sure how long it would take to issue a refund (I’ve never done it before since I usually redo the work if the buyers are not happy with the first result and so far that has worked each time for me )

I guess you can try asking the seller, or contact CS.

Once you do get the refund though, the seller might ask you ( or even beg) to

remove the negative feedback. Whether you do that or not is up to you, though.

Begging does happen a lot here ( and I had people beggin to me a lot too asking for gigs and money ), I guess it’s safe for me to say that what vedmark is saying is actually kind of true in some cases! :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @blushingbeauty: Awww, you should’ve rejected the order and given the seller the opportunity to revise it. That’s the best thing to do in the future. Sellers (well most of them) work really hard and deserve a second chance to make you happy.

i dont know how to reject… where is that option. Thanks music!

I don’t think you should have given the seller a negative until you actually reached out to them. I understand you are the buyer, but if you reach out to the seller and let them know that you are unsatisfied with the gig, then maybe they can redo it for you or touch it up to your satisfaction. Its just common courtesy in the trade world. Its like if you were to send me a rose, when the rose arrived it was beautiful but it was missing a pedal, so I just decided to give the person a negative review. Bad for business.

thank you. i did what you suggested

Reply to @blushingbeauty: You’re welcome. Next time you order a gig, if you don’t like what was delivered, there’s an option to reject the order, which gives the seller another opportunity to revise it, if you still aren’t satisfied, you could either ask for the seller to do a mutual cancellation. But its always best for the seller to avoid any type of cancellation, so if they have a different gig that interest you, maybe you can ask them to just apply the funds toward a different gig, that way the seller won’t acquire another cancellation that may affect their level status in the future, and you’ll still get something you’re interested in. :slight_smile:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/8759/-try-not-to-give-negative-rating-to-your-seller-without-asking-revisions-or-refund-#Item_1

This thread might give you an idea.

After all I guess it is up to the buyers whether they leave a negative or not, but

it would be great go get a second chance. :slight_smile:

Always contact the seller first explain whats wrong and 9/10 you will get a reply obliging what they can do to make things better.

My customers always come first and if there not happy then I will work it out with them.

Don’t Give negatives before giving the seller a chance we are all here to help each other.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don’t understand…Why? Do other seller doesn’t give a refund when the buyer is unhappy? To be honest whenever i didn’t make my client/buyer happy i am always open for a refund. I value my feedback’s a lot so i should give there money back. Specially if the buyer is also NOT SO NICE type of person. BAD COMMUNICATOR not COOPERATIVE.

you can have mutual cancellation i think …check support page best of luck!!

Reply to @bothead: How do you know they are stretching response time to the max and then cancelling? Did they offer you a mutual cancellation? If so, there isn’t a lot you can do. You can’t really force a seller to do work since you get a refund if they cancel. If they didn’t offer a cancel and you want to leave feedback then yes, you’d have to mark it complete and review it. You can’t review something you didn’t pay for. You can cancel and then notify Customer Support about the seller’s behavior and CS will look into it. Just FYI, social media likes and such are pretty risky in general. I am not aware of any way to get high numbers of social media responses without using a bot and you are likely to lose the responses even if you get them.

Also, you need to edit your post and remove the sellers profile from your post. It is against forum rules to call out the seller and reporting them to CS is much more effective.