How do you see through the fake promises

hypn1969

I have only recently joined Fiver, and I can not believe how disappointing the experience has been.

The first person created one logo which I could have made using “logo maker” the second person did nothing for 4 days and then refunded my money.

Both had incredible sales pitch sites with a heap of “upsells”. In essence they are either not interested in working for $5.00 or they are hoping people have no internet knowledge and will believe that they have delivered original work.

Problem is that I had to approve the $5 refund twice but can’t leave feedback. Why not create a link which tells you how many times the Seller has walked away from a request. a Person with a high decline rate can therefore be avoided as they are really not looking for a $5 job.

One week and no logo - what a waste of time

Guest matt_garry

I went to wallmart they didn’t have fresh avocados… I mean how dare they I drove all the way there and walked into the store my self! and when I walked into the produce I didn’t see 1 avocado. How can we fix this??? can wallmart have a sign at their door saying we are out of avocados and the % they are out each day. I mean god I wasted so much time… I Wish I could post a giant sign my self saying they didn’t have avocados!

If such decline rate and sorting becomes part of algorithm then the seller will hurt each other out of competition. Some of the time you have to see through the promises, set your own guidelines and see if that works out. Have communication with seller, see what you can get from them by communicating.

If the decline rate becomes part of the algorithm, I would love to have it for buyers too. I would skip a lot of annoying buyers that way.

Had the same experience. @matt_garry needs to widen his thinking. It’s iust that some of us outsource our work here to try and test continuous relationships with these sellers and it is really a waste of time. The quality of sellers are really declining and it seems that Fiverr is merely using them for this cycle.

Matt is just being creative in pointing out another way to look at Fiverr. (And since he is always trying to help people here, I’m also ordering some original music from him as soon as I finish this post.)

No, customers (and sellers too) won’t always have positive experiences on Fiverr. Why is that such a shocking or disappointing idea? Here is another idea: Don’t expect perfection for $5. Oh, you might get it any way, but don’t expect it.

Just like any other marketplace, Fiverr deals in transactions where what the seller delivers doesn’t always match what the buyer expected to get. That is part of the deal. But it is a $5 gamble. When you win, you win big. When you lose, you re-evaluate your expectations, risk tolerance, communications skills, etc. and try again.

But for someone to post here that the Fiverr-world is awful based on their first few transactions is very short sighted. Sorry you got – or at least felt – ripped off. But consider your expectations. Fiverr has THOUSANDS of sellers offering creative services starting at $5. When you have the need (or the whim) to buy one, you CAN get some incredible stuff. It might take a few tries with a few sellers to make it happen, but don’t assume the whole fiverrsphere is bad because you didn’t like your first results.

I’ve been a customer nearly 30 times, and LOVED more than 20 of my purchases. (Art, music, translations, and a few physical object.) A few more were OK, and two sellers simply failed to communicate or deliver anything, so I got my money back on those 2.

Keep trying, but give yourself the best chance to succeed:

1- communicate in advance of orders

2- place order WELL in advance of when you actually NEED to get it, regardless of the stated timelines

3- seriously consider buying from 2 or more sellers, even if you just need 1 logo (or whatever you are buying.) Then if one sucks, (in your subjective judgement), you have another already delivered. Having choices is good. It gives you power. It also costs you MONEY, but I’d much rather have 2 options to chose from for $10 than a major disappointment for $5. (And I’d own both results in any case.)

Reply to @matt_garry:

matt_garry said: I went to wallmart they didn't have fresh avocados.... I mean how dare they I drove all the way there and walked into the store my self! and when I walked into the produce I didn't see 1 avocado. How can we fix this??? can wallmart have a sign at their door saying we are out of avocados and the % they are out each day. I mean god I wasted so much time... I Wish I could post a giant sign my self saying they didn't have avocados!

This is gold! Lol :D

Side-tracking for just a bit, in my post above I said I would be placing an order for music from Matt, since I enjoy his input on the forums and like what I heard on his demo reel / samples. Well, he delivered a superb little original music track for me, tailored nicely to my suggestions of style, in less than 12 hours from the time the order was placed.

Sometimes Fiverr really does work!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I noticed, is logos and other artistic view points are hard to meet. I don’t really do much physical artistic work, like logos but just because you give a description of what you see doesn’t mean the other person is able to complete understand. If you say you want the ocean and a mountain and they give you a mountain in the distance with the ocean in front of it, but you really imagined someone looking off a cliff at the ocean, don’t get mad at them for not reading your mind… Also sometimes the work they show may cost MORE than $5 that is why you need to read things carefully… I loved one artists work but what I got wasn’t what I wanted, I went back and reread and realized I didn’t pay more for a very complex piece, so I didn’t GET a complex piece and I was still very happy with the work she did!

I am sorry you had a bad experience with fiverr and I hope you find someone to do your logo the way you want.

Archived