How does Fiverr make you feel?

writer99025

Tired but satisfied. That’s how I feel after 2 years + on Fiverr. Very happy personally, but of course, wish freelancers were treated with a little more respect in India. (Try telling someone in India that you are a “writer” or a “freelancer” or “work on the internet”…)

No complaints whatsoever about Fiverr, it’s as perfect as it gets. Yeah, I can complain that my Gigs are lower in the search results despite my high rating, but I still get 12-15 hours of work a day and haven’t had a break for the 2 years I’ve been here. What more could I ask for? As long as I get work, I am happy.

I’m also happy about finding this forum, learned a lot from other experienced sellers. For one, I am very careful about how I interact with my clients. Never show anger or frustration, always be nice and polite. Some sellers/moderators here are unbelievably kind. I have seen how they help people with their problems without getting anything or expecting anything in return. I really appreciate Fiverr for what it has done for me, I hope everybody realizes how good you have it here. Sign off.

Fiverr makes me feel like I am married to the most beautiful, head-turning woman in the world. The only problem is that we hardly talk and when we do talk it’s always about work. Even worse, I think that some of her friends are idiots and every night I lay awake worrying about the fact that if I don’t make enough money for us both she’s going to leave me for another freelancer.

I don´t know how Fiverr makes me feel. Perhaps like one of those small pubs that I visit for one beer. What I mean by this is, maybe what I feel about Fiverr is just casual and kind of neutral. I have mentioned before that I live in the country side, not many things happen in my neighbourhood. When my husband and I don´t travel, or when we don´t have a party, my daily activitiy is just playing with my dogs. Yesterday we had a garden party with a few close friends, we cooked goulash, had some drinks, played freezbe with the dogs, etc. It was drizzling for a bit but good thing is we have some space with a roof so we can move the table there and we have an umbrella (like them big umbrellas on the beach) to cover the goulash that was cooked in a big pot with fire. But today I don´t have any programs except picking up my neighbour´s dog (she is going away for two weeks and I am going to dog sit her dog - her dog can stay in my place) 🙂

Maybe because I am semi-retired. Before I stopped working, I was always very busy and exhausted, but I needed to do that because I wanted to be retired already at my 30s. Now if I make money, I only want to make it from the things that I really love to do (such as dog sitting, etc), and I don´t have a target how much money I should make. Sometimes a few friends ask me if they can put their dogs in my place for a few days but they don´t really have money and that is not a problem for me. I mean, sometimes they do a favor for me too. I must say I am lucky that my husband supports me (he is the provider in the family). But I have my own savings from working in the past so people cannot say that I am a free loader, LOL 🙂 I think my husband is also lucky because I am not a big money spender. I don´t buy expensive things just because they are branded whatsoever, hehehe 😛

I know some people who are like you. They don´t actually need to make money to get by because they have savings. But they just love working. I think that´s called passion. So you are tired but you are very happy. I am sure those famous singers, actors, etc, they are also exhausted sometimes. But they are doing their passion and when they did a good job they got satisfied and that is something that is very rewarding 🙂

There’s nothing wrong with women looking after the house and husbands working. That’s how things were for 99.99% of human history except for the last 10-15 years. You don’t have to be embarrassed about this. It’s the tradition in every culture around the world.

Thanks for your kind words. I Do love taking care of my husband and things in the house. I think that is so great if in India the women get a great education, find a good job, use it to find a great match and then quit after marriage and kids, because kids should be raised not just by their mother, but also by an educated mother. Because education starts from home. Well, that´s just my opinion 🙂

I read everything you said about the women in India. I did not comment earlier (before you deleted most of it - which now makes it look like there something to improve about women in my country since the left over sentence is ˝I hope things improve there for the women soon˝ and the comment is right after my post - well, there is nothing to improve, we are all okay here) because I agree that it is a very sensitive issue. Besides, stereotypes are everywhere and I personally don´t like to generalise people. I have been to India some years ago before I was married. I was only there for a few days because my main destination was Nepal. Nothing bad happened to me in India. I get to see the Taj Mahal and ate their delicious cuisines, etc.

Criminal elements exist in every society. It’s not fair to use their example to brand an entire nation and its people as evil or narrow-minded. You speak as if women in India are under siege, that’s not true at all. Anyway, this is a sensitive topic as I said, let’s not talk about it more.

Having lived and worked in a lot of places around the world, I can safely say that my home of the UK is the only place where I feel inherently unsafe in some areas in the evening. Also, I’m not a woman but I can assure you that the most dangerous place in the world for solo female travellers is Thailand.

If you want to go after a country for how it treats its women, children, elderly and disabled it would probably be best to start with places like the UK, U.S, Romania, Bulgaria, China, and the West’s favourite bosom buddy, Saudi Arabia.

Personally, I’d love to visit India, especially since I’ve been practicing some elements of Ayurveda medicine for the past few years. (Indian history and culture pre-Raj is possibly the richest and most socially and intellectually advanced on the planet). The only problem is that I think India would demand at least 6 months to really get a feel for the place and my wee dog wouldn’t like me being gone for that long.

I don’t know where you get your information from, if you spend even a week here in Bangalore you will know how wrong you are. YOu are basically generalizing based on secondary information. My mother is a woman too…she spent 35 years as a banker, reaching a high position in the banking industry in India. I don’t talk about her, haven’t mentioned her as yet, because of some personal reasons.But she is no exception because over 50% of those in the banking industry in India, over 40% in the IT industry etc. are women. It’s so insane to say India is the fourth most dangerous place in the world for women. Just take a walk around Bangalore at 8 am to 10 am…the streets are full of young women rushing to work, as many as men. It’s the same in Gujarat, Mumbai, Delhi etc. Maybe it’s not so in UP, Bihar or West Bengal, which are our backward states. And women work late into the night in customer support here. There’s a girl’s hostel close to my house. Women arrive at 3 am, 4am etc. Punished for watching movies? There are a 100 multiplex theaters in Bangalore. Visit them during the 10 pm show. 50% of the audience will b women. As I said, I didn’t want to talk about this topic as it makes me deeply uncomfortable and I don’t think it is appropriate for FIverr forum. And this will be the last thing I say on this thread.

Archived