Fiverr Forum

How does Fiverr Work (in 2016)?

Hello All,

I am new to Fiverr and I am trying to learn how it works. I already did a job, completed and got money after 20% deduction, in my account (It’s still in some holding period, and I cannot withdraw that yet). I do not see what other people offer to a Buyer’s request. I do not see Buyer’s previous experience in Fiverr - what the sellers have to say about that buyer. I do not get these options that I used to get on other sites, where I worked earlier. Now, I am full time on Fiverr and using their Android app as well, but I am not sure how exactly it works - from end to end.

Can you people help me with this, please? A flow chart or step by step process would help me and other new comers of 2016 all the same.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
sTdwares

1 Like

Hi stdwares!
Welcome to Fiverr.
My answer to your question is very simple:
Try to figure out the working of this website by yourself. The more you give time,the more you’ll start to understand its working. Btw,once an order is marked as complete,the money is available for withdrawal after a period of 14 days (almost). Check out this link,it covers pretty much all the basic details related with Fiverr website.

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/categories/200217626-Getting-Started

In a nutshell, its difficult to say. Once a point of understanding is reached, something comes along and turns that understanding on its head.

In a broad, general sense its almost WYSIWYG [What You See Is What You Get]; or at least that’s how it is supposed to be but who knows. You can’t see a Buyer’s rating nor read up on them which means you will have to err on the side of caution.

There’s no definitive guide to working on the site. All that one can suggest is that you keep doing what you do and research your niche for new and upcoming trends.

You probably already know how it works if you made a gig and a job from it. If you don’t see something such as what sellers say about buyers it means fiverr doesn’t have that.

Here is the step by step process:

1. Make a gig
  2. Someone sees it and buys it
    3.You send buyer messages about your progress, and complete the job
    4.You send the buyer the job as a file, or a link to that file in dropbox
    5.Buyer gives you a review, or does not review you, and you wait 3 days for your money from the job to become “pending”, then wait another 14 days
    6.You withdraw the money

I think he don’t know about the 5th Point.

Sorry, I didn’t know I have to follow the post. Didn’t see any notification, until today when I searched manually.

Thanks a lot! That link is awesome…

WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get

Very interesting. Completely NEW to me. Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot! Yes, I did not know that 5th point clear enough. But now, I do :slight_smile:

I wish there were some ‘definitive guide’ for the new comers, but you guys are super! More than helpful. I am getting a few jobs here on Fiverr. And I am working full time on this now. But I do not like a few things that are not here on Fiverr. Like Buyer rating and reviews, seller reviews should be made mandatory and that awful statement ‘Outstanding Experience!’ :smiley: :smiley: Why? Why?

Anyways, I guess we need to live with it. And I also hope that the admins and developers of Fiverr are planning something better to incorporate these as well.

Thanks again - helped a lot!

Regards,
Maitri
for sTdwares

What i need to add on buyer requests please?