How does it affect me if buyer doesn't send in requirements? [ARCHIVED]

monarcfairy

Hey folks,

I just started selling on Fiverr about a week ago and business is booming but I have two customers that haven’t sent in their requirements even though I’ve continuously messaged them from their orders explaining this to them…One even sent me an annoyed message but in a separate email, not in the requirements one demanding their completed gig. I explained yet again that they need to go to the orders page and submit requirements. I do wordpress themes and need some specifics such as colors for their text, links and photo or logo for their header.

I am not ignoring the customer. I’ve tried messaging them letting them know the requirements. Will this affect my account? What can I do to cancel the order? I hate to leave folks unsatisfied but I can’t create something blindly risking them hating it because I chose colors or layouts they don’t like…Thanks!

Melissa

Welcome! As far as I know, it won’t affect your account. It’s just slightly annoying that there is money hanging out there with no way to get it. It also will mess up your earnings calculations monthly, making it seem like you have more in your account than you do. I’d recommend messaging your buyers a few times asking them to please respond to the instructions.

Personally, I’d hesitate about initiating a mutual cancellation in this case. Things come up in life, people get busy, etc., if you cancel it may hurt your rating and the buyer possibly won’t order again. If the buyer isn’t responding, he/she won’t be around anyway to accept the cancellation. Having some pending requirement orders doesn’t hurt anything, and you never know when the buyer might submit them.

Not sure what you mean by they’re late…the clock doesn’t start ticking until the instructions have been responded to.

Archived