Fiverr Forum

How Gets New Order FAST IN A COUPLE OF DAYS

Hello My friendsss :smiley:

I understand that many new sellers find it very difficult to get their first order after creating their gigs.

my account is also new but there is one method I have used to rake in a couple of orders already.

Here, am going to show you how you too can get your first order as fast as possible.

This is the secret…BUYER REQUEST

Yes, to get your first order as a new seller, you must make the buyer request section your best domain.

Everyday, you have 10 slots with which to apply for jobs, always make sure you exhaust all 10 every day.

Again, even when a job is not really related to what you offer, you should still go ahead and apply for it if you think it’s something you can try to do.

When applying for such jobs, write a very attractive and appealing description to convince the poster that you are the best candidate for the job.

Try as much as possible to be among the first 5 people to apply, if in case you miss out of the first 5, don’t worry still apply.

I can almost guarantee that if you stick to the buyer request section every day, you are certain to get that first order even sooner than you think.

Thanks For Reading! ;D

16 Likes

It’s not a secret. There are literally hundreds of threads here telling people to respond to Buyer Requests and most of the advice isn’t helpful.

It’s wrong to say that you must respond to 10 per day, first because you don’t even get access to that many as a Level 0 seller and second, because it’s only effective or ethical to respond to requests for which you are actually well suited. Plus, most BRs are incredibly exploitative and for people to take your advice, they’d have to exploit themselves.

It’s interesting that none of your advice emphasizes the sales part of BR. You get BRs if your responses are thoughtful and provide proof that you solve the buyer’s problem. That doesn’t change just because you responded early to a BR or respond to 10 every day. Think quality, not quantity and gimmicks.

25 Likes

Thankssss For You reply!,you Add value To all this And other point of view, Have a Nice Day :grin:

3 Likes

These are my sentiments exactly. I also think that the way many sellers approach buyer requests is why sellers like myself shun this section of Fiverr.

I have recently been scanning BR daily. However, I rarely find one or two requests worth responding to. Typically, people looking for writers want to pay $5 for a thousand words or more of expertly written content. No serious writer is going to take a request like that seriously.

When I do respond to a request which seems reasonable, buyers then often reveal that really, even though they said they will pay the likes of $20 or $30 for a project, their budget is less than half that. This is a huge waste of my time.

As anyone who has freelanced for any length of time knows, buyers like this are also the most likely to try and not pay for an order, or ask for more work FOC, then leave a malicious review if they don’t get their way. In this case, I would say that your strategy is just as likely to ruin your long-term success as it is to succeed in getting orders quickly.

If you are new, only have a few reviews and one or two are less than 5-stars, you will find it very hard to recover from that. Sadly, this is the risk people take when they employ your strategy.

In the grand scheme of things, I’d also argue that Fiverr should completely revamp buyer requests to prevent buyers placing low-ball offers and sellers applying for anything and everything just for the sake of it. All this does is create a race to the bottom in terms of rates being paid and the quality of work being delivered.

All that said, if your strategy works for you, good luck.

6 Likes

“I have recently been scanning BR daily. However, I rarely find one or two requests worth responding to. Typically, people looking for writers want to pay $5 for a thousand words or more of expertly written content. No serious writer is going to take a request like that seriously.”

Exactly! I don’t scan through them all. It’s a waste of time and just makes me angry to see the rampant, unabashed exploitation. I just enter keywords in the BR search and browse those. It helps a bit, but there’s still a lot of junk to scan.

It kind of makes me laugh, though. These are probably the same buyers who complain here and in angry blog posts that they can’t get quality work done on Fiverr. Maybe if you don’t want garbage, don’t try to get high value for absurdly low pay?

5 Likes

It does make you laugh. The last BR I responded to was a request to write copy for a (legal) cannabis vaping product store. The request advertised a rate of $40. I applied, the buyer then started asking lots of questions. I answered. Then they told me that their budget is actually just $5. Then they went on a rant about how there are tons of writers on Fiverr willing to work for that rate.

Long story short, this is what greets you when you visit the company website in question:

brequests

At least they think the way they hire freelancers is working… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah desperate sellers encourage this. It’s a vicious cycle and it’s sad.

Sorry for that pathetic waste of your time responding to that BR… Yikes.

3 Likes

It is never a waste of time when you can already see how someone is driving their business into the ground by being exploitative. :slightly_smiling_face:

Incidentally, I did exchange some messages with a seller recently concerning buying a gig from them. I still plan to. I have just been delayed working on a last-minute project. I didn’t want to message them in case I ruined their response rate. :wink:

Interestingly, I recently came across an alternative freelance platform which essentially works a lot like buyer requests. At least, it works like buyer requests should in an ideal world. There, sellers (writers) have to submit a writing sample which is checked by an editor. If it doesn’t pass their quality checks. applications get rejected.

Buyers then create job requests by submitting a brief and stating their budget. If writers are interested in working on a project, they click accept and start work. (There is no application process per job.)

As far as writing goes, I think a similar setup would work well on Fiverr. Buyers would still post jobs at outrageous prices. However, many would quickly learn that if they want a quality delivery, they would have to start setting rates at a more reasonable level.

3 Likes

Here’s a tip or two on buyers requests…

1. Skip $5 requests
  2. If you must do a $5 request to get reviews, make sure the requested has lots of info on what they want. “I need an xyz”, If that’s the extent of the info - run a mile.
  3. Quote your rates, and NO less. Don’t give anything away for free.
  4. Assume all buyers requests are predatory. But some will become ongoing clients.
7 Likes

Thanks too all for comments! what you think about badges? is good or hard to reach?

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, I’ve found many good (some great) buyers who list $5 as their BR budget. I’ve responded to a few, and ended up with higher orders. You just need to know how to sell yourself, and prove that you can do what you do.

Just because a request is for $5, doesn’t necessarily mean that the buyer isn’t willing to pay a fairer price for the work they are asking for.

I’ve found some great BR request buyers who are now repeat buyers at my own listed prices.

One thing that often works for me is to offer to do the work slightly below my listed prices. This, in turn, makes my BR response actually read like a special offer. It’s not going to work for everyone, but for me – a veteran who has earned the authority to charge higher prices, it does come in handy when I choose to seek out new BR buyers.

8 Likes

I think buyers would do themselves a huge favor if they specified that their offer is a placeholder or that that they are flexible.

3 Likes

I’ve seen many, somehow, do this by placing a BR that has no budget amount. I’m not entirely sure how they do this, though, since buyers appear to be required to list a monetary price. As a buyer, when I’ve tried to leave the price drop-down unselected, I’ve always gotten a system error stating that I MUST choose a monetary budget.

3 Likes

You haven’t gotten an order yet… How do you know?

2 Likes

This might apply more to (custom offers) where clients contact you directly. Incidentally I find a lot of custom offer requests come from buyers requests.
When I say skip a $5 request but it’s something you interested in doing. It’s normally way to cheap for what you offer, so skip it or offer your going rate regardless.

2 Likes

I assume you meant to respond to @requiestate. Your quoting of my comment makes yours a bit confusing. I have had well over 3,000 orders.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I meant. Thanks for pointing out the error. OP doesn’t have any orders but is making a false statement. Iffy to say the least.

5 Likes

As in the words of Office Space-
“You don’t have enough of the required flair”
Most here are indifferent about badges as been just that, just flair. Level badges don’t seem to have much impact on getting more sales. However tempory or (Hand Picked) badges seem to if your lucky enough to get them like the “Rising Talent” badge.

3 Likes

majority BRS are extremely exploitative

3 Likes

Definitely. It’s really sad to see how many Sellers comply with their outrageous demands.

3 Likes