How good (or bad) am I doing right now?

boyuancy

I think I joined Fiverr back in August after reading a blog post in one of the blogs that I was following. I wasn’t expecting to get any orders, and I didn’t get any, for about a month.

In September, I got an order and believe me, I was elated! I completed my order and got paid. I loved doing it.

But by the end of September and early November, I got about 3 orders and a few PMs (lol, not what you’re thinking!) asking me if I was available. My PC died down so neither could I complete the order, nor could I respond to the messages. It kinda killed my chances.

Thankfully, one of the buyers stuck with me and rejected my plea to cancel the order (I felt really guilty delivering so late). I completed the order and got thankfully paid. He (or she, I can’t really tell) was one of the best buyers ever! I would mention the name but I don’t wanna take any chances…

Now (first week of December 2012), I have completed 3 orders. I haven’t ever shared my gig with anyone, neither on FB, Twitter, nor on Linkedin. So I feel kinda good that I received 3 orders EVEN WITHOUT ME TRYING/PUTTING ANY EFFORT to market the gig.

But is it enough? I am kinda paranoid about creating more gigs as I usually fall short of time and panic when I have just a day left to deliver my orders. As Fiverr doesn’t let you cancel/put an order or hold, that can really turn out to be a killer.

What do you guys think? Should I create more gigs? How do I get more orders (I don’t have an FB account. I have a Twitter account but I hate using it. I can barely read a message there among all the trash people keep posting).

HELP!

anarchofighter said: You seem very conscientious, I say make more gigs and keep at it. Maybe extend your delivery times on you way to level 1

Wow, "conscientious" - huge word. I couldn't wrap my mind around it for a while... :P

Of course I am conscientious. I recently answered a post about over-delivering.

I extended my delivery time but my PC got wrecked and I couldn't do anything till I could get it fixed. The buyer cancelled as soon as I ran out of time. I couldn't help it.

anarchofighter said: You seem very conscientious, I say make more gigs and keep at it. Maybe extend your delivery times on you way to level 1

Wow, "conscientious" - huge word. I couldn't wrap my mind around it for a while... :P

I extended my delivery time but my PC got wrecked and I couldn't do anything till I could get it fixed. The buyer cancelled as soon as I ran out of time. I couldn't help it.

Archived