Fiverr Forum

How hard is it to spell

If i buy a gig i would expect my affiliate to at least know how to spell and how to string a sentence together.my first experiance with Fiverr has had a bit of a lasting impression on me …not happy at all…

I know! Especially when they don’t know how to properly capitalize, formulate questions, or separate sentences with proper punctuation. Sheesh! =))

It can be a struggle! :-??

Keep in mind that many users of Fiverr do not have English as their first language, so perhaps find another seller. If it’s a demanding buyer…well, smile and try not to pull out too many hairs. :wink:

Perhaps you should look at the profile first, see if the affiliate lives in a country where the predominant language spoken is whatever one you prefer your sentences strung.

Reply to @madmoo: Hehehehe! Ang, I thought of you the entire time I was writing it. I swear! :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @celticmoon: Does Fiverr require people to prove that they live where they say they do? I have used some sellers who are supposedly in the USA but by their horrible grammar and broken English, I know there is no way they are U.S. residents.

pricekat said: Does Fiverr require people to prove that they live where they say they do? I have used some sellers who are supposedly in the USA but by their horrible grammar and broken English, I know there is no way they are U.S. residents.

Nope, it doesn't. It's supposedly based on IP, but that is easily worked around.

And also, the US is full of immigrants, some use English or American English well, some don't. Being a resident of any country does not guarantee proper understanding or use of its official language.

Take a deep breath and best of luck translating!

[Edited because I accidentally typed the wrong form of "its" and didn't want to get scolded. :p]

No idea what your talking about. Its not as if they’re aren’t other ways to communicate affectively. I could have bean creative and than wrote it in the write weigh two.

(I typo a load, but that was crazy difficult!)

Yay! What’s the prize?

It took me longer to write that than my usual 1000 word essay/rants! I will not be doing it again. I already spend enough time second-guessing myself due to too much exposure to poor language usage. If I revisit that post in a few months, I fear I won’t even get the joke.

Reply to @itsyourthing: Yes, you definitely win!!

Reminds me of something I saw on FB the other day. I think it read, “Theiy’re! Take that Grammar police!”.

I nearly died!!! =))

Reply to @cheezees:

You forgot to point out that he also mispelled ‘experience’, which makes this thread 678% funnier.

Fiverr is used worldwide. The people who don’t know English keep me in business because they hire me to do their writing.

Reply to @brandontvedt: Bwahahahaha!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Reply to @russflex: Exactly! I cannot understand members who complain that those asking them to proof and correct written work are unable to write correctly. It’s like doctors moaning that their patients cannot treat themselves, or driving instructors complaining that their clients can’t drive, or…

Reply to @brandontvedt: 678%?

Reply to @pnisbet: No. That’s not the vein of the thread.

Reply to @pnisbet:

Yep, -exactly- that much funnier :slight_smile:

I know this because I measured the distance coffee squirted out of my nose both before and after, which I figured was as good a metric as any to quantify humor.

madmoo said: yet his post here is littered with poor spelling and grammar.

Well, in fairness, there's a good chance I'd be hiring someone to do something that I can't do, or that I expect them to do better.

Reply to @itsyourthing: True, but I tend to think if you can recognize “better”, then you can also do better yourself.

Probably just a complaint - most folks would rather take the time to complain that to work with someone to get what they want.

Yeah, cheezees, that’s usually true too. I dunno. :slight_smile: