How I can do with this buyer?

designs_4u1

How I can do with this buyer?, my buyer like my design and I have sent to him all files for the logo design , and He say me can not to open the illustrator file because he don’t setup it on him computer, and I say him can download it from internet and say me “I cannot open it…It says I have to BUY it! And it says I have to buy the illustrator!” and “Hello…I’m sorry, but this is too much. I have never had to do this and I am spending too much of my time to figure this out. I am not happy and need to request a refund since I cannot open the files without the Fiverr logo. I will have to start over with another designer and this does not make me happy at all. Please process a refund.”

Please, help me

rating.thumb.jpg.ae164394af4077209e4d18957af22bb9.jpg
01.thumb.jpg.9c5e0968c7d0b49ea9c98bceb2ea5556.jpg
02.thumb.jpg.e57990a4b00a7d6972b111b592eb43a3.jpg

Guest offlinehelpers

Did your buyer know you were going to send it as an AI file when they ordered?

Can you send it in a different format for them so they don’t need any new software?

Guest offlinehelpers

How I can send vector file in different format ?

How I can send vector file in different format ?

Have you suggested it could be opened with acrobat if they change the file extension to .pdf?

I am about to post a book trailer gig. I had one up and running for a couple of years, and I got a lot of business. One issue I frequently ran into was file type. At the time, the only program I worked with was Windows Movie Maker, so I could only save files as one or two file types.

My solution was to find a free online file converter. My favorite was www.convertfiles.com and it looks like it’s still up and running! You might want to check it out. You can either convert there for your client or provide the link to your client so they can convert the file themselves.

I would always send the link along with the completed gig. Once I started doing that, I never had any conversion problems. I suggest trying that and see if it helps.

P.S. If you only offer one file type, make sure you mention it in your gig description. This way, you can fall back on that if you have any issues that may require CS to step in. 😉

You have to save it in another format. JPG, PNG, PDF, whatever.

It’s not your fault if somebody hasn’t a software license.

Encouraging illegal downloads is b.t.w. not a professional advice. (<-- I guess this get me flagged)

Encouraging illegal downloads is b.t.w. not a professional advice. (<-- I guess this get me flagged)

I have sent all files

You have to calm him down.

I once had a client that was not happy with me because he said there was no sound in a video I delivered to him. I tested the video on all my workstations and it was perfect. Uploaded it to the drive and it was great. He also said the video was glitchy. Then I had to tell him to open it on another computer, he did and it was working fine. In the end we figured he had not downloaded any drivers for his new computer.

Imagine if he had cancelled the order.

I have sent all files

Then there is no reason for a refund.

He has clearly a computer related problem that isn’t solved by going to another seller and/or a refund.

If one buys a DVD and notices when he comes home that he doesn’t have a DVD-player, he will not get a refund either.

Explain it to him and move on.

He has clearly a computer related problem that isn’t solved by going to another seller and/or a refund.

If one buys a DVD and notices when he comes home that he doesn’t have a DVD-player, he will not get a refund either.

😂

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sorry to hear that.

You have the possibility to react to his comment to make things clear.

Something slightly sarcastic would work, like: ‘Sorry that I don’t sell software or entire computers with my gig, seen the fact that it was clearly a computer problem on your end.’

How I can do with this buyer?, my buyer like my design and I have sent to him all files for the logo design , and He say me can not to open the illustrator file because he don’t setup it on him computer, and I say him can download it from internet and say me “I cannot open it…It says I have to BUY it! And it says I have to buy the illustrator!” and “Hello…I’m sorry, but this is too much. I have never had to do this and I am spending too much of my time to figure this out. I am not happy and need to request a refund since I cannot open the files without the Fiverr logo. I will have to start over with another designer and this does not make me happy at all. Please process a refund.”

Please, help me

“I cannot open it…It says I have to BUY it! And it says I have to buy the illustrator!

I can understand his frustration.

If I got this message I would have said this to him:

“Oh I am so sorry this happened to you. Please give me a few hours to get these files converted to some you can open. I want you to be pleased with this and will do what it takes to make sure that you are”

Then I would have converted those files to every file type I possibly could! And sent it to him as fast as I could.

This is called customer service. You have to give it to them no matter what they do or say.

“I cannot open it…It says I have to BUY it! And it says I have to buy the illustrator!

“Oh I am so sorry this happened to you. Please give me a few hours to get these files converted to some you can open. I want you to be pleased with this and will do what it takes to make sure that you are”

Then I would have converted those files to every file type I possibly could! And sent it to him as fast as I could.

This is called customer service. You have to give it to them no matter what they do or say.

Agree on that. OP said that he/she already send the files in ALL possible formats.

I have sent all files “Ai, Pdf, Psd, jpeg, png, svg”

I have sent all files “Ai, Pdf, Psd, jpeg, png, svg”

Then I would have said this to him:

"I have sent the files to you in every possible format. Only one of those formats require illustrator. The rest can be opened with a simple click of the mouse and don’t require special software, aside from the PDF file which everyone has the software for.

If you can’t open them there might be some issue with your computer.

The fact that I’ve sent the files in every possible file type and format and you still say you can’t open them is something beyond my control.

I hope the issue gets resolved for you but I have completed exactly the requirements of the gig as it was described.

You most definitely do not have to purchase any software to open those file types."

I think you should contact CS and explain the situation.

They might uphold the review but there is no harm in trying.

I have contact with CS and say me

Thank you for contacting us about this. Unfortunately, we cannot remove the feedback on this order for you. When a buyer leaves feedback, they are not just rating your delivery, they are rating their experience with you as a seller. We take our buyer’s opinions and experiences very seriously.

If you would like to formally request that the buyer modify their feedback on this order, you can use the Resolve Now button at the top of your order page to send the buyer a feedback modification request.

To do this, please click on the “Visit the Resolution Center” button at the top of your order page.

Select the following issue: "I have an issue with the feedback I received from the buyer"

Then select the following solution: "Ask the buyer to modify their feedback"

On the following page, type a message to your buyer, and click “Submit”

Please note that your option to request a feedback modification is limited to once per order, and is only available for 3 days after the buyer has left their review.

For more information, please review our article on Feedback.

Keep in mind that it is against Fiverr’s policies for Sellers to solicit feedback changes from Buyers in exchange for refunds, discounts, upgrades or any other type of additional benefit.

"I have sent the files to you in every possible format. Only one of those formats require illustrator. The rest can be opened with a simple click of the mouse and don’t require special software, aside from the PDF file which everyone has the software for.

The fact that I’ve sent the files in every possible file type and format and you still say you can’t open them is something beyond my control.

I hope the issue gets resolved for you but I have completed exactly the requirements of the gig as it was described.

You most definitely do not have to purchase any software to open those file types."

I have said more from that and his is don’t understand

I have contact with CS and say me

Thank you for contacting us about this. Unfortunately, we cannot remove the feedback on this order for you. When a buyer leaves feedback, they are not just rating your delivery, they are rating their experience with you as a seller. We take our buyer’s opinions and experiences very seriously.

If you would like to formally request that the buyer modify their feedback on this order, you can use the Resolve Now button at the top of your order page to send the buyer a feedback modification request.

To do this, please click on the “Visit the Resolution Center” button at the top of your order page.

Select the following issue: "I have an issue with the feedback I received from the buyer"

Then select the following solution: "Ask the buyer to modify their feedback"

On the following page, type a message to your buyer, and click “Submit”

Please note that your option to request a feedback modification is limited to once per order, and is only available for 3 days after the buyer has left their review.

For more information, please review our article on Feedback.

Keep in mind that it is against Fiverr’s policies for Sellers to solicit feedback changes from Buyers in exchange for refunds, discounts, upgrades or any other type of additional benefit.

Sorry to hear this,

Sometimes it is all about saying the right words. I have learnt over the years and done courses on customer service.

Also it depends on how you presented the case to customer support. Did you let them know it was the fiverr logo that frustrated the client and also their misunderstanding of what a vector file means?

Anyways. Just use this as a learning curve.

I wish you luck in your future orders

Archived