How i have been earning through fiverr and donating to charity

writermarion

Kenya is my home country and i live in the capital city Nairobi. I am a student pursuing my MBA at a local university.

For the past 20 years, i have witnessed my mum suffering from diabetes, and this not only took toll of our emotional self as a family but also financial problem as we come from a poor family.

For the past 2 years, she became worse and she was diagnosed with severe depression. This condition also affected her nerves and she was mentally unstable for a period of three months.

we struggled with my siblings and saw her being taken of in a mental hospital, but this is something that left a mark in my heart, that i will always look out for the old and sick to show them love, alleviate their suffering and understand how they are faring because in our country this is big problem. The old are left to die due to poverty but am sure with little support, they can live longer.

So I decided to be visiting few grannies’ here and there in my community and give out the little that i make through Fiverr, http://www.fiverr.com/writermarion and we especially share a meal and show them love. i leave some food for them to see them through.

At the moment i don’t have a donor for this charity which i am involved in and everything i do, i get from my own small savings from my writing work at fiverr.com, http://www.fiverr.com/writermarion

something that I am grateful for fiverr.com.

I would like to help more and to see many grannies’ smiles. But then i don’t how to approach donors. However, i am planning to approach people like you who will buy my gigs and together we can do something small. I have so far worked for more than 170 buyers and I am sure I will continue doing my best to get more gigs in order to give out more to my charity.

I am writermarion. I would like to help people write, edit and proofread essays, articles term papers, thesis and any research work. I am good at most subjects. I want to help pay my tuition and contribute to charity, so even if you are looking for something that isn’t a gig, contact me too.

Visit my gigs at http://www.fiverr.com/writermarion

Guest celticmoon

Why don’t you create a “Tip Gig”, but instead of just asking for a tip for a job well done (or something like that), why not ask for a tip which you’ll then donate to your charity of choice. For example, some people write the tip gig “(I will) have a glass of wine in your honor (for $5)” My tip gig says “(I will) humbly accept a tip towards a new wheelchair (for $5)” because any tips I get go to buy new parts for my crutches, cane & to save for a new wheelchair. I’m not suggesting that this will necessarily bring in loads of tips, but perhaps people who liked your work would look at your tip, consider it a good cause & buy the gig (Fiverr treats a tip gig like any other gig).

If you’re looking for serious funding efforts, though, there are various crowdsourced ways to raise funds, too.

Guest celticmoon

I’ve also heard that some sellers use a “gig Extra” as a tip. As a Level 2 seller, you can ask for up to $40 on your gig extras. The problem I have with using the gig extra to ask buyers for tips is that the space to write something is SO limited.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived