Fiverr Community Forum

How long did it take for you to get your first gig?

Hi everyone! Hope everyone’s staying safe.

20 days after I opened my gig, I finally have my first order today. I was on the verge of giving up, but I figured I would keep my page up and see if anyone would ever come.

To be fair, I didn’t promote my gig on my social media sites or anything. I wanted to see if people would come naturally, from searching or browsing around. I knew when I joined Fiverr that it would take a while to properly get started, and I’m glad it’s finally starting now.

I think this can be a nice discussion, for newcomers to read and for Fiverr veterans to share their insights. I wanted to ask, how long did it take for you to get your first ever Fiverr gig, and what did you do to help that? Did you promote your gig or Fiverr page elsewhere? If not, why?

5 Likes

I waited few days for my first client but my first experience was terrible. My client wanted me to steal funcionalty from website so I needed to cancel order.

I personally don’t believe in social media marketing when it comes to Fiverr gigs, as I tried everything and nothing works effective.

In my opinion it’s best to make your gigs as perfect as they can be, that will give you many clients.

2 Likes

That sounds terrible! Hope all your gigs now are better.

And that’s good to hear, about social media marketing for Fiverr gigs. I personally avoided doing that as well. Hopefully I can find as much success in my Fiverr career as you have!

Thanks for sharing, and stay healthy!

2 Likes

I haven’t got my first gig yet. I only opened up for business yesterday though. I hope they start coming in soon.

Really hopeful.

Reading your stories have been truly inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Cool so dosent look like it takes too long then

2 Likes

Good luck to you, and welcome to the Fiverr community! I’m still relatively new myself, what with the first gig and all, but I’m excited!

While you wait, always look for more ways you can improve your gig and relevant skills. Take care and stay healthy!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that, just to be realistic. I guess it depends on the service/product you offer and how saturated (or not) your market is.

That, combined with how you market yourself and your gig(s) on Fiverr. I think those are important to drawing potential customers, and hopefully, regulars!

1 Like

I totally agree. The content market is generally saturated. The key is to provide real value, create a niche, and grow your brand.

3 Likes

I waited 3 months for my first order. I was ready to delete my account because the messages were spam and annoying.

3 years later and I just completed order number 503. Perseverance is key in this game.

6 Likes

Three months, wow! I don’t know if I would have had that much patience or willpower. Kudos to you!

Thank you for sharing. Hope sellers new to Fiverr and reading this are getting inspired and encouraged. Perseverance is key, always improve, and never give up :fist:

2 Likes

What is your gig about?what do you do in fiverr??

2 Likes

@julybib Myself, I do video editing (mainly for gaming and meme things on Youtube as of now). I still only have one gig for now, but hopefully in the future I can expand my editing skills to stuff beyond Youtube!

What about you? :blush:

2 Likes

I am basically a WordPress developer😊I have two GIG for this service but didn’t get any response yet.

2 Likes

@julybib I see. Well, hope you hang in there. It definitely takes time, depending on what you do to promote your Fiverr gig and how you present that to potential buyers.

2 Likes

Wow that’s really fantastic. Great job is encouraging :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wonderful news!! I just receive my first order after just 2 days! I am very happy. Blessing and thanks to you all :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :star_struck:

2 Likes

@gypsyjanine Congratulations! Here’s to more :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m a writer. Articles, blog posts, reviews and ebooks are my forte.

1 Like

congratulations for first order. keep it up

1 Like