How long did it take to get your first order?

sarahs_social

Five days. A buyer asked me if I could do something within a certain time frame, I answered honestly and said that I wasn’t sure. He left for a faster seller, came back a day later and said that that seller couldn’t do the video because their Chinese wasn’t good enough.

I ended up doing three projects with that buyer and he tipped me on each. It was great.

I’ve seen answers to this question on the forum range from hours to years. So it really depends.

Five days. A buyer asked me if I could do something within a certain time frame, I answered honestly and said that I wasn’t sure. He left for a faster seller, came back a day later and said that that seller couldn’t do the video because their Chinese wasn’t good enough.

I ended up doing three projects with that buyer and he tipped me on each. It was great.

I’ve seen answers to this question on the forum range from hours to years. So it really depends.

Thanks for replying! Having one of those ‘am I doing this whole thing right’ moments.

Going to hunt around for some beginner tips and see if someone could look over my gigs!

Thanks again 🙂

Guest sara19841

Thanks for replying! Having one of those ‘am I doing this whole thing right’ moments.

Going to hunt around for some beginner tips and see if someone could look over my gigs!

Thanks again 🙂

I think your gigs look good. I’ve only had a quick look, mind, but it seems like you’re on the right track.

Anyway, to answer your original question, I think it took me around 2 weeks to get my first order. I got so frustrated I gave the shop away. I offered a ridiculous deal to the first 5 people who bought from me. The rapid surge in orders catapulted me up the rankings. I then lowered my prices and went on from there.

I think your gigs look good. I’ve only had a quick look, mind, but it seems like you’re on the right track.

Anyway, to answer your original question, I think it took me around 2 weeks to get my first order. I got so frustrated I gave the shop away. I offered a ridiculous deal to the first 5 people who bought from me. The rapid surge in orders catapulted me up the rankings. I then lowered my prices and went on from there.

Thanks for offering advice and that’s so nice of you to check out my gigs!

I think I went in too complicated to begin with - have broken out packages and lowered prices right down so will continue with that and see if I can get some sales from there!

Guest sara19841

Thanks for offering advice and that’s so nice of you to check out my gigs!

I think I went in too complicated to begin with - have broken out packages and lowered prices right down so will continue with that and see if I can get some sales from there!

You’re welcome.

And I think that’s a really good idea. Allow buyers to get a little taste of what you offer without having to spend too much money.

Of course, when you have a higher level and multiple glowing reviews, you can start pushing the big packages.

You’re welcome.

And I think that’s a really good idea. Allow buyers to get a little taste of what you offer without having to spend too much money.

Of course, when you have a higher level and multiple glowing reviews, you can start pushing the big packages.

You’re right - thanks for the advice!

I need to get my head round how the search works on site on Fiverr, and if it’s last come, last served up to any buyers!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A month and a half, via Buyer request, but this girl on Reddit had to wait 5 months and a lot of people get it after 2 months, but it really depends on your niche I think… :thinking:

Funny story, my first order had absolutely nothing to do with my original gig at all, the client asked me to learn how to do what he wanted and gave me the name of a few programs to use, then I created the gig and he hired me to do it; later that brought traffic and sales to my original gig.

You can expect a strong “Flow” to your gig once you make the first sale, and it will reduce latter, at least that’s what happened to me, I also notice that my gigs get more views after every sale, for a time…

My fiverr account was created about 5 years ago. It was alot different back then, I wanted to be a full time artist so I created a gig that hopefully would get me started. All my drawings were being done for $5 because back then you couldn’t set prices only order different quantities. It was called fiverr for a reason lol. I made the account and went on with my life until one day I got an order, it was 6 months since i made the gig that I got my first order.

I remember talking to customer service about an issue with editing my gig page and suddenly I appeared on the front page of fiverr, I started to get 5-10 orders a day. After a few months I stopped working on fiverr but left my account active, I came back and worked on it and got to level 2 as a seller. I would only get like 2 or 3 orders a month but i enjoyed drawing and the extra money was nice.

Since last year though everything exploded, i was getting orders daily and I thought to myself its now or never, I worked at my job full time at a bakery, came home and worked full time on my art, trying my best to hit every target and keep my rating high as possible and trying to leave everyone happy. It was the hardest thing I done in my life but i knew if i wanted to become a full time artist I had to do it.

Roll on 1 year later and I’m now a Top rated seller and a full time artist. I doubt i’d ever been able to do it without fiverr but i also had to put in a huge ton of effort in to it, so much so that i wear splints on my wrists now from overworking. 😃

My fiverr account was created about 5 years ago. It was alot different back then, I wanted to be a full time artist so I created a gig that hopefully would get me started. All my drawings were being done for $5 because back then you couldn’t set prices only order different quantities. It was called fiverr for a reason lol. I made the account and went on with my life until one day I got an order, it was 6 months since i made the gig that I got my first order.

I remember talking to customer service about an issue with editing my gig page and suddenly I appeared on the front page of fiverr, I started to get 5-10 orders a day. After a few months I stopped working on fiverr but left my account active, I came back and worked on it and got to level 2 as a seller. I would only get like 2 or 3 orders a month but i enjoyed drawing and the extra money was nice.

Since last year though everything exploded, i was getting orders daily and I thought to myself its now or never, I worked at my job full time at a bakery, came home and worked full time on my art, trying my best to hit every target and keep my rating high as possible and trying to leave everyone happy. It was the hardest thing I done in my life but i knew if i wanted to become a full time artist I had to do it.

Roll on 1 year later and I’m now a Top rated seller and a full time artist. I doubt i’d ever been able to do it without fiverr but i also had to put in a huge ton of effort in to it, so much so that i wear splints on my wrists now from overworking. 😃

How much time u think one may give as beginner at fiverr?

• 1 year later...

that’s really inspiring dude! I just created my first and already gone away to the second page 😦 don’t know how my journey would be 😭

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived