How long did you get your first order?

photogallery

This question is not just for me but also for other new fiverr users. We’d like to know how many days does it normally take until you receive your first order. I’d like to average it from all your response. I know that it will still depend on the type of your gig. However, no matter how great your gig is, as long as it is now shown in the homepage or first page of each category, it will get no exposure.

very fast I think I made it on 11th May and I got it the next day. Till now, I have completed about 13-15 orders 🙂 Got some regular customers too. Advertised in Google + in relevant pages. Some gig, I didn’t, it just comes. I think if your gig is relevant and your service meets their requirements, it’s fine

• 2 years later...

I first heard about Fiverr® on the TWiT podcast network in relation to app developers. I visited the site, found a large community in many categories, and made an account. Without looking at the market I made a Gig™ for music lessons ( I’ve been a music instructor part time for years while I was in school ). Didn’t get any hits.

I made my account in FEB 2015.

In SEP 2015 I wanted to start building my copywriting and brand writing portfolio and figured Fiverr® was a great platform for it. I spent some time researching other top sellers in the Writing & Translation Category, looked at what I could provide, figured out the amount of work I could provide within a certain amount of time, and priced my Gig™ competitively for the market. As I was a new seller I focused on customer service, and a fast delivery turnover.

I received my first order within hours of posting it, and have been experiencing slowly increasing revenues ever since. I earned Level 1 within weeks, and Level 2 about a month after that. Since then I’ve developed fantastic relationships with my clients and have been having a great time.

From my experience, it’s all about positioning yourself in a place of value within the market of your sub categories.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived