How long do I wait to make the first sale?

ewaoluwasimi

Hi. I have been here for a while now, sent a couple of buyer requests, 7 to be precise. (I hardly get to see that though). No response so far.
Is there anything I am doing wrong? Any assistance rendered will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
P.S: I am into article writing, proofreading, and editing.

They key is not to wait. Sending a couple (or 7) requests is not enough. If your offers are good, then out of every 10 offers you send you may get 1 project. Sometimes you get lucky (or get better at sending offers). I once got 3 projects out of 5 offers that I sent. So, try to use all your 10 offers every day. But don’t spam potential clients, make sure your offers are addressing their request.

Another tip, which is something I haven’t had time to do yet, is marketing yourself outside of Fiverr while making sure that you redirect potential clients to your Fiverr profile / gig with a link. The key is not to sit and wait.

I hope that helps 🙂

They key is not to wait. Sending a couple (or 7) requests is not enough. If your offers are good, then out of every 10 offers you send you may get 1 project. Sometimes you get lucky (or get better at sending offers). I once got 3 projects out of 5 offers that I sent. So, try to use all your 10 offers every day. But don’t spam potential clients, make sure your offers are addressing their request.

Another tip, which is something I haven’t had time to do yet, is marketing yourself outside of Fiverr while making sure that you redirect potential clients to your Fiverr profile / gig with a link. The key is not to sit and wait.

I hope that helps 🙂

Most times what I see is, “no request found” on buyer request section. Your tips sure help. Thank you!

Most times what I see is, “no request found” on buyer request section. Your tips sure help. Thank you!

Great! Yes, you’ll only see requests that are related to the gigs you are offering. Once you reach level 1 you’ll be able to see more requests. There are quite a few topics on this forum related to buyer requests that will answer pretty much all your questions 🙂

I hope that helps 🙂

Very helpful, thank you

• 5 months later...

Hi. My name is Esther, and I operate in the writing niche. I went for a project research in my school believing I had put my account on vacation mode. To my surprise, when I return online after a week, I have got some messages. Now my response rate has dropped drastically to 25% (5 days). This is really giving me a lot of concern, and I don’t know what to do. I am still a new seller, I have never encountered this issue before.

Hello Esther,

I don’t know if you want advice so you can feel free to ignore this. I looked at your gigs out of curiosity and I notice that you used a slang term about someone who is really hard on poor grammar. You might want to find another way to word it. While it is common slang, some buyers could be put off by it because of the word choice. Since the site is global, there might be better ways to say it. Good luck with your response rate.

Hi there,

The only way you can keep your response rate high is when you reply to a new message
right away, and the only way to bump it back up is when you reply to your future messages right away.

Usually when you go on vacation mode, you get a notification message from Fiverr.
In case you decide to go on vacation mode again in the future, you might want to
check ( in your junk message box too) for that message next time.

Archived