Fiverr Forum

How long do I wait?

I ordered a gig and the person has not contacted me back for 3 days. I gave the info needed and did a follow up to make sure the info was understandable. I have heard nothing back. The gig says it will be done in 5 days but is it normal not to hear back from a seller? What should I do? Just wait until the deadline? Try to cancel the order?

Some sellers may not respond or even read your order messages until they actually sit down to do your work. They may just be that busy! While I don’t think that’s a good way to go about it myself, it’s not unheard of. I would suggest you send them a message from the inbox as well, rather than the order page.

If you’re satisfied with their ratings and past reviews, then you should wait until it becomes late to cancel. But if your work is time sensitive and they haven’t responded even when you asked for them to confirm, I’d say initiate the cancellation. That usually brings sellers back to life :wink:

Hi, I am new here and I would like to engage a freelance writer for my website. What kind of information do I need to provide? Thank you in advance

Sometimes it is normal, and sometimes life situations come up. I wouldn’t worry about it until 5 days pass. If you don’t hear at that point contact Customer SErvice and then do a cancellation.

Reply to @gandota2: What you should do is find a few different writers that you think you might be interested in hiring. Send them a message first just to ask some basic questions in order to see what kind of reply you get and how well it’s written.

Then I would simply do a small test job, mabye a short 500 word article and see how they do before ordering more work.

Also, if you have a lot of work, ask them about that beforehand but ONLY do a test first, don’t promise/buy all the work from one person before you test with a small amount.

Another thing is that not all sellers on Fiverr will do ongoing work so you may have to have a few people writing content for your website if it’s for something ongoing like blog posts or something.