How long do you work for $5

daniel_holban

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make your work like this.

1-100 orders gig is only $ 5

Once you get 100 positive reviews change your gigs to $ 100 per order (lowest price)

That’s what people in the forum warior do.

I have 9 years in im

i have 1.200 orders, just positive rating 🙂

But for two months everything has fallen. No orders come in, I do not know why, I did not change anything…

My best advice would be to not think about an hourly rate at all.

Take your minimum monthly living costs. Rent, utilities, food etc. Round it do a ballpark figure like $1,000 (mines $700 because I’m super cheap). Now divide that figure into 30. This is how much money you need to make a day just to live. Now create gigs which you could sell 1 -3 of a day to cover what you need to make on a daily/monthly basis.

Of course, you shouldn’t just strive to only make enough to live. The way I do things though, is divide everything into blocks like this and then start the month determined to make enough money to cover my actual living costs asap. Everything after that then gets saved or used for small luxuries like wining and dining a beautiful woman or a drunk pub day.

By breaking even and saving as much as possible, you can then afford to take risks further down the line like increasing your gig prices. For me, I can risk 1-year making no money, the idea being that in that time I won’t sit thinking, “Oh no, I’m poor.” Instead, I’ll be finding ways to make money again.

It’s different for everyone but for me, hourly pricing simply doesn’t work freelancing. Think in blocks of money you need to make. Make that and then steadily start increasing block sizes and diversifying. Also, I now make more money than I used to at hourly rates and my personal finacial
savviness sees me have much more disposable income than anyone I know on an hourly rate.

My best advice would be to not think about an hourly rate at all.

Take your minimum monthly living costs. Rent, utilities, food etc. Round it do a ballpark figure like $1,000 (mines $700 because I’m super cheap). Now divide that figure into 30. This is how much money you need to make a day just to live. Now create gigs which you could sell 1 -3 of a day to cover what you need to make on a daily/monthly basis.

Of course, you shouldn’t just strive to only make enough to live. The way I do things though, is divide everything into blocks like this and then start the month determined to make enough money to cover my actual living costs asap. Everything after that then gets saved or used for small luxuries like wining and dining a beautiful woman or a drunk pub day.

By breaking even and saving as much as possible, you can then afford to take risks further down the line like increasing your gig prices. For me, I can risk 1-year making no money, the idea being that in that time I won’t sit thinking, “Oh no, I’m poor.” Instead, I’ll be finding ways to make money again.

It’s different for everyone but for me, hourly pricing simply doesn’t work freelancing. Think in blocks of money you need to make. Make that and then steadily start increasing block sizes and diversifying. Also, I now make more money than I used to at hourly rates and my personal finacial

savviness sees me have much more disposable income than anyone I know on an hourly rate.

Everything after that then gets saved or used for small luxuries like wining and dining a beautiful woman or a drunk pub day.

Combine those two together and win!

Incidentally, your advice on blocks of money and working out how much you need is absolutely spot on. I know on a daily basis exactly how much I need to make to pay the bills and meet my commitments. Anything over that gets invested, goes into an emergency budget, gets donated, or gets put away for retirement.

Everything after that then gets saved or used for small luxuries like wining and dining a beautiful woman or a drunk pub day.

Combine those two together and win!

Incidentally, your advice on blocks of money and working out how much you need is absolutely spot on. I know on a daily basis exactly how much I need to make to pay the bills and meet my commitments. Anything over that gets invested, goes into an emergency budget, gets donated, or gets put away for retirement.

I always get a tingle when you reply to my posts, Paul. Somehow, you have become an accidental role model for me.

I’m pleased that you agree with my way of strategizing. I actually think that a lot of freelancers simply don’t make it because they don’t plan the financial side of things. Either that or they can’t get to grips with the reality of not making a set amount of $$'s per hour.

When I started freelancing I made $20 a week. The thing was, I knew that I was starting from square one and I actually invested a lot of savings in order to get me through the first year. After that, I was making enough to save again.

To me, the most important thing is the buffer. I always plan for the worst. What is more, I find it staggering how most of my friends have $1,000 or less in savings, despite (as they see it) being in better jobs and having better perks. Freelancing is good like that, if you are serious about it, you make money even in low periods, simply by being frugal, sensible, and aware that you are the sum total of your own economy.

I always get a tingle when you reply to my posts, Paul. Somehow, you have become an accidental role model for me.

I’m pleased that you agree with my way of strategizing. I actually think that a lot of freelancers simply don’t make it because they don’t plan the financial side of things. Either that or they can’t get to grips with the reality of not making a set amount of $$'s per hour.

When I started freelancing I made $20 a week. The thing was, I knew that I was starting from square one and I actually invested a lot of savings in order to get me through the first year. After that, I was making enough to save again.

To me, the most important thing is the buffer. I always plan for the worst. What is more, I find it staggering how most of my friends have $1,000 or less in savings, despite (as they see it) being in better jobs and having better perks. Freelancing is good like that, if you are serious about it, you make money even in low periods, simply by being frugal, sensible, and aware that you are the sum total of your own economy.

Having a buffer is what makes me not panic and say yes to projects I wouldn’t otherwise touch with a ten-foot pole during dry spells.

Somehow, you have become an accidental role model for me.

Oh dear… I don’t think I can handle the responsibility…

Somehow, you have become an accidental role model for me.

Oh dear… I don’t think I can handle the responsibility…

Don’t worry. It’s the hat, your level-headedness, and professional portfolio. They’re the three things I strive to achieve myself. All you need to do is put your feet up, have a cuppa, and wait for me to say job done.

Max Keiser is my other role model. I’ve just never felt comfortable with the idea of reaching out on Twitter and saying that.

sometimes 5-6 hrs

and i really dont like to work for 5-6 hrs for $5,though i have to

sometimes 5-6 hrs

No, you really don’t. 5-6 HOURS just to earn $5?!!! That’s ridiculous.

I could easily make at least $600 in 5-6 hours.

You really need to reassess what your time, talents, and skills are worth. Right now, that work that you are doing has almost no value at all. Many sellers use the concept of about 15 minutes being fair work for $5. If you’re working up to six hours on a project, this breakdown means that you should be making at least $300 on a project like that.

I encourage you to set better prices. You’re not going to make a living on 6 hours of work for only $5. I think even the standard of living in some 3rd world countries is better then this!

sometimes 5-6 hrs

No, you really don’t. 5-6 HOURS just to earn $5?!!! That’s ridiculous.

You really need to reassess what your time, talents, and skills are worth. Right now, that work that you are doing has almost no value at all. Many sellers use the concept of about 15 minutes being fair work for $5. If you’re working up to six hours on a project, this breakdown means that you should be making at least $300 on a project like that.

I encourage you to set better prices. You’re not going to make a living on 6 hours of work for only $5. I think even the standard of living in some 3rd world countries is better then this!

How? what type of GIG?

How? what type of GIG?

How? what type of GIG?

Oh, come on. That’s the first thing you ask? No, I’m not going to tell you where “the easy money” is – because there is no easy money on Fiverr. :roll_eyes:

Figure out what your skills are worth, and charge prices to match. If you are skilled in what you do you, then you can charge higher prices, and your customers will be more willing to purchase your services at that level. Quality is rarely ever “cheap”.

If it takes more than 30-60 minutes then it’s not worth it.

Depending upon the service, of course. 😉

Bigger packages can take a while to complete… but then, a seller’s price should cover the extra time and resources that it takes to complete that bigger project.

Depending upon the service, of course. 😉

Bigger packages can take a while to complete… but then, a seller’s price should cover the extra time and resources that it takes to complete that bigger project.

Exactly, in most cases, it takes me around 10-15 minutes on normal days to get a $5 order done. As for @daniel_holban, I highly recommend raising prices or readjusting your packages if it takes you longer than an hour to get a $5 service done since most of your services are related to editing.

How? what type of GIG?

Oh, come on. That’s the first thing you ask? No, I’m not going to tell you where “the easy money” is – because there is no easy money on Fiverr. :roll_eyes:

Figure out what your skills are worth, and charge prices to match. If you are skilled in what you do you, then you can charge higher prices, and your customers will be more willing to purchase your services at that level. Quality is rarely ever “cheap”.

Oh, come on. That’s the first thing you ask? No, I’m not going to tell you where “the easy money” is – because there is no easy money on Fiverr.

i ask just what type, not what GIG.

For example i do $50/15 minutes of work in Photo editing

It’s my neutral observation, but sometimes it comes across my mind, that sellers based outside of the “West” can’t charge same as our colleagues from the western world. I have been told a couple of times “Why do you charge $XX, you have cheap standards in your country”. No, I don’t accept to work with those people.

Depending on the type of service, I tend to charge at least $15-30 per hour. My photography watermark service has the cheapest hourly rate, while my content marketing strategy services costs twice than that.

I take higher-paying projects on different platforms. However, I am scared to offer those services here, till there is an option to vet our buyers. (number of gigs purchased, buyer reviews, the seniority of their account).

Oh, come on. That’s the first thing you ask? No, I’m not going to tell you where “the easy money” is – because there is no easy money on Fiverr.

i ask just what type, not what GIG.

but is not so easy to find this buyers, you need just luck. I think

Archived