How long does it take you to complete 1 Gig?

thibstars

Depends the size of the order. I have had orders take anywhere from 5 minutes, to two hours. Of course, I generally try to spend as little time as possible if they just order the standard gig. If I am spending upwards of two hours, it’s most likely for an order larger than $40. I feel if you’re spending over 20 minutes on a standard gig order, you’re spending too much time. $4 for up to 20 minutes is already kind of low pay as it is.

That’s a great question. I was wondering what the workload for other people might be. I think right now it’s taking me longer to complete gigs because I’m striving to get repeat buyers, so for something that theoretically shouldn’t take more than ten/twenty minutes I’m spending longer on to make sure I’m doing my tasks well. Plus, I figure if I spend more time now it should be less work in the long run. I’m averaging 20-30 min on each gig, plus or minus research, so actually more like 40-45 min. I tend to get carried away with research on account of my being half sponge and all. It’s no biggie. :)>-

1 gig order of $50 will take me around 2 hours max. Usually 30mins to 45mins.

I will make sure that I’m making a good $20 to $30 for 1 hour of work so I will price my orders accordingly to the amount of work that I’m receiving from the buyer 🙂

I think that thibstars’ question is for a base Gig of $5 because if we start taking the Extras into consideration we can’t really compare i.e. I had once a translation order that took me weeks to complete, it was for $200. So taking a $5 basic Gig, I have some that take me 2 - 3 minutes to complete (I can even process several orders into that 2 - 3 minutes) and some that can take me up to an hour or two for just a $5 - I know, but those are not the one I am advertising for very much, but when the order comes I have to deliver, it is still money for jam for dry periods. For those also, I have a longer delivery date so that I can put them on the back burner for when I am less busy. <)🙂

Archived