How long does will take on average for me to get my first gig?

callumgarner

hey!
so i started my fiverr account the other day, put my first gig up about 2-ish days ago, so im not expecting to get insane amounts of people on my profile buying my “skills”, this is just a question i am curious about
my gig is https://www.fiverr.com/callumgarner/be-your-manly-anime-or-cartoon-voice-actor
Im thinking the title isnt very good, any other tips on improvement?

The possible range is one day to never and everything in between for a seller’s first sale.

You have a good distinctive voice. You narrow down possible sales too much with such a narrow focus. Why not offer a more generalized voiceover so you actually get some sales? You might wait a very long time just offering such a limited scope.

You can make a more generalized gig with a less sinister sounding voice which will appeal to a wider set of potential buyers. Your voice is excellent so why hold yourself back?

The possible range is one day to never and everything in between for a seller’s first sale.

You have a good distinctive voice. You narrow down possible sales too much with such a narrow focus. Why not offer a more generalized voiceover so you actually get some sales? You might wait a very long time just offering such a limited scope.

You can make a more generalized gig with a less sinister sounding voice which will appeal to a wider set of potential buyers. Your voice is excellent so why hold yourself back?

Thank you for the advice, I’ll update my current gig and shape any future ones around this advice 🙂

Welcome to the Fiverr forums. Check out the Tips For Sellers category: You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories, and be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

If you’re willing to take some honest critique, however: Your whole profile and both of your gigs descriptions need a complete overhaul. You don’t need to be a professional, but you do need to present yourself professionally.

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

If you want the link to the video to jump directly to the 1:27 timestamp, you can change the segment of the URL from “&t=2s” to “&t=97s”. This is minor, but you want to make it as easy as possible for a potential buyer to see the sample.

Yes the descriptions need to me much more detailed and well written. Look at the Top Rated Sellers gigs to see their descriptions and gig images for ideas of what to aim for.

Also a very good photo of yourself seems to be very important when you do voiceovers and most good vo artists have them as the first or only photo.

Archived