How long have you left money in Fiverr?

labels4you

So, I’m thinking of letting all of the money of my sales on Fiverr just accumulate and stay in Fiverr until the end of the year… Hopefully I’ll have a nice amount for some Christmas shopping. Has anyone done that?? Left your money there for months? Or is it safer to transfer to PayPal and leave it there instead?

Honestly its up to you… I pull it every two weeks and it feels like pay from another job. I have heard people keeping it for 1-2 months at a time…

Transferring to PayPal is safe, but since it charges a dollar for a transaction, I would wait until you have 3-400 per transfer if not more. Just my two cents.

But it comes down to when you need/want the money. transfer is less then 5 minutes so if you are out and about and need fast cash… and if you have fiverr app on your mobile… then you can transfer the funds.

I usually withdraw once a week. For sure I wouldn’t let money sit in fiverr for long because people have had their accounts hacked here. It’s not as secure as a bank or even Paypal. Like @ardicus said, since you pay $1 for any withdrawal over $50, accumulate a few hundred or even just $100 and then withdraw. Why not open an interest-bearing savings account online and just electronically transfer your earnings there? Then you won’t necessarily “see” the cash, but you can save it safely.

Guest norrsken_marc

No matter what you end up doing, I would not advertise it publicly, as that could get some shady people interested in your account and earnings. But I do agree with everyone here that you should withdraw your earnings after you’ve reached a set amount and not let it sit there in your Fiverr account.

Good question and one that I would be getting around to asking…Isn’t it a shame that no one is safe from the devious deeds of hackers these days??

I’ve dealt with Paypal a good long while and I was informed about the fact that they do charge a small transaction fee…other than that, a very reliable place.

Yes you definitely gotta keep the funds for a while on your Fiverr account, especially sellers that are from Europe. Why?.. Well the exchange rate of the EUR/USD is falling which means the Euro currency is getting weaker.

Lets say you have $500 in your account and the next week it could be €480 instead of €455. I am following the EUR/USD forecast every single day to wait for the perfect moment to withdraw my funds to EURO. Maybe something you guys can consider 🙂

Archived