How long it takes to sell first Gig? [2013]

cesgon

Hi,

I am register in Fiverr for 6 months now but actually I took seriously selling like a month ago.

Assuming you have the right tags, photos and even uploaded a video. I see that people have click to see my gig but no more…

I am wondering statistically how long people got its first request.

Thank. Hope it is appropriate this post in this section.

Cheers.

Like you, I set up my account several months ago but didn’t start really trying until recently. I do voiceovers and video, and I see you do electronic music soundtracks. Once I put a video up to promote my gig, my first sale came within 24 hours. Again, though, your mileage may vary. I see you have a video for your gig, which is good, but perhaps If you aren’t getting as many sales as you like you should try diversifying a little bit and putting up another gig or two for the other stuff you can do.

Hello! I created my account 29 days ago. I made my first sale on my first day. After that I have made 2 sales per day. Just make sure your title and descriptions don’t blend in with everyone else. It also cant be obvious you are trying to make it stand out either, the customers notice these things and keep scrolling.

• 10 months later...

I posted my first gig yesterday and got my first sale today (HAPPY DANCE!!)

I had read in the forum that sometimes it takes months to get your first sale, so was prepared for a long wait. I must have been lucky cause the buyer said she found me on the forum… so I guess it really is about getting yourself out there.

Best of luck! 🙂

I waited 3 months before setting up my gigs. I regret it because it appears like I am further along in terms of my Fiverr experience than I actually am. Once I set up a few gigs, I got a flood of orders after about a week, abiding by your talking points: proper photos, tags, gig descriptions. If I had it to do over again, I would have chosen a name that was more SEO enhanced, but, on the flip side, with a name like ‘Pearlsant’, I am not locked into selling just one sort of gig(though this doesn’t stop some folks with product specific names from selling whatever they like) and, there are those who have become top sellers with odd names that have nothing to do with what they are peddling.

I think it just depends on what you offering as your gig. A good friend of mine and I started at exactly the same day, 3 months ago. I do writing/office work type gigs and she does art/gifing/graphic type gigs. She started getting gigs 2 months in whereas I received my first gig one week after we started our gigs. I now receive anywhere from 5 to 8 gigs a month and she is just now getting her fourth gig.

I received my first sale within less than 10 hours of creating my account. I promoted the gig to a targeted audience for that specific gig though. So, I’m sure that played a big part in it as well. I wish everyone the best of luck on future sales! - Elite Quality

• 5 months later...

Hi, my name is Christian and I am still trying to sell my first gig as a website designer. I’ve been thinking that maybe if other people trying to sell their first gigs need to have a good website which will show potential buyers that they conduct themselves professionally. If you need a great website for yourself or your business please at least check out my gig, I’d really appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

hey guys… am relatively new on fiverr and would love to start getting orders right away.

please offer bulleted tips and check out my profile to give me suggestions on how to optimize my profile.l have a target of 3 orders daily so please help because this is my only source of income…thanks

You have only 1 gig! And that photo is a little scary to some people. If this is a gig about bitcoins, why don’t you have a photo of money or coins or something that is more easily recognizable when people are searching through the gigs.

ALso, if you are setting up bitcoins for people, I would think some people would be hesitant as they may think you can steal from them in some way.

You said this above "Assuming you have the right tags, photos and even uploaded a video. I see that people have click to see my gig but no more… "

But you have not done all of that. Why don’t you have a video? And better photos?

Archived