Fiverr Community Forum

How long it took you to get the first order?

I would like to hear about your experience :smile:

19 Likes

This is one of the most asked questions on the forum.

It can vary from hours, days, years, weeks, months, or never!

If you type " how long to get your first order" in the search bar above there are over 50 topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

16 Likes

It depends on luck and knowledge …
However, it took me 1 year :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It took me over a year to get my first order.

Then I became a Buyer on Fiverr.

After that I started getting a lot of orders as a Seller.

My third year here was incredible!

I’m near the end of my fifth year here and since COVID, so many new people have turned to Fiverr that the talent pool has been watered down.

I now get maybe 2 or 3 jobs a month here.

However, Fiverr is not my primary source of freelance income, either.

17 Likes

Thanks a lot for the trick on search bar!

3 Likes

I see… sometimes it depends on the keywords that help with order but yeah being patient is really important as a seller.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s really great that you’re getting orders regularly. I also find the interesting part of how “buyer request” work, like chances of buyers replying your offer can be really as low and competitive because the other sellers are sending offers at the same time. So I don’t think Fiverr could ever be the primary income for most sellers.

4 Likes

Oh, and I NEVER use the BRs.

That’s where the “cheap” Buyers exist and desperate Sellers go (my opinion).

7 Likes

I hope Fiverr has a way to let sellers communicate with buyers even outside the Buyer Request.

2 Likes

I joined on 22nd July, 2016 to buy something. Posted the first gig on 27-28th July. And delivered the first order on 1st August, 2016.

So less than a week.

4 Likes

1 week is very impressive! May I ask what service are you offering on your gigs?

2 Likes

I got my first order within first 10/12 days.

4 Likes

From me, I got my first one after 2 weeks, I remember the struggle it was, to learn how fiverr work, setup profile, be attractive, work for cheap to have some reviews then raise prices.

3 Likes

It took me a little over a month. After that, I ended up getting several orders for about two weeks. Now I don’t have many new buyers (mostly just returning ones), but I’m fine with that because I’m mostly working on another platform.

2 Likes

Replace “cheap” by ‘people with no soul’ and I agree with you
(one of the pearl i found this morning)

9 Likes

Wow!

That’s priceless.

2 Likes

And the most funny part is that he is just a random person streaming on twitch with poor amount of followers and will never get any success or be popular as if just filming himself with a camera while playing games would make him famous and he won’t find anyone literally working for free doing quality video editing :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s a fresh one from the land of VO Buyer Requests…

Basically requesting a s** chat on a forced/r*** scenario…

5 Likes

Scary.

That being said, I actually suggested to a newbie on another thread to try their luck at the BRs.

I must not have had my morning coffee yet.

1 Like

what the hell is this, oh yeah, the ■■■■■■ predators, i already forgot about them, it’s insane that there is such a population on fiverr, it’s at this moment you lose faith in humanity

3 Likes