How many categories is too many?

karsten_m

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering as I am writing up my first few gigs, is it generally accepted that you only work in a single category or do people create gigs in different categories regularly? What I mean is, I have a lot of graphics/photoshop skills, but I also have writing skills… is it better to focus on a single category or can you spread out… or would that put off customers and cost you business?

thanks!

If you’re good in all the categories you want to work in, it should be fine.

However, if you write a gig title like “I will copy write anything with in 24 hours”, or if your writing gigs are full of errors, people might think that your design is just as bad, and avoid working with you completely.

(I’m not saying that you’d do something like that, those were just some examples I’ve seen, and then the sellers were complaining about getting no sales at all)

If you’re good in all the categories you want to work in, it should be fine.

However, if you write a gig title like “I will copy write anything with in 24 hours”, or if your writing gigs are full of errors, people might think that your design is just as bad, and avoid working with you completely.

(I’m not saying that you’d do something like that, those were just some examples I’ve seen, and then the sellers were complaining about getting no sales at all)

Thanks @catwriter that’s good to know. 🙂

Archived