How many hours do you work each day?

writer99025

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it better this way, wouldn’t know what to do with my time.

Remember I mentioned a grant some time back? Well I got it and it basically gives me 2 days wages/week for 2 years which I am using for personal projects including writing and a website project. That’s the 15-20 hours, I have cut out a lot on other platforms.

If you like what you do then great, I remember doing that kind of schedule and beyond back in Celtic Tiger times and earning a fortune. It wasn’t worth it, my son is 15 tomorrow and I missed out on a lot of his early years. Making up for it these past couple of years though.

Remember I mentioned a grant some time back? Well I got it and it basically gives me 2 days wages/week for 2 years which I am using for personal projects including writing and a website project. That’s the 15-20 hours, I have cut out a lot on other platforms.

If you like what you do then great, I remember doing that kind of schedule and beyond back in Celtic Tiger times and earning a fortune. It wasn’t worth it, my son is 15 tomorrow and I missed out on a lot of his early years. Making up for it these past couple of years though.

You are 35 and have a 15 year old son? Man you started early 👍

It wasn’t worth it, my son is 15 tomorrow and I missed out on a lot of his early years.

Yep, kids change everything. I’m OK to work just enough to pay my bills if I get to spend more time with my kid 🙂

You are 35 and have a 15 year old son? Man you started early 👍

Yeah, it wasn’t exactly a thought out plan tbh but worked out better than any of my well thought out plans.

@uxreview 100% agree - big respect to people who are trying to do both and struggling but for anyone who has an option, the choice should always be towards more time with the kids. These days there is so much crap out there that if you don’t raise your kids, some youtuber will.

I agree with this, working 10-14 hours a day seems good and all, but I have a life

working 10-14 hours a day seems good and all, but I have a life

I believe that, when you work and love what you do, there is a mixed feeling about what “your life” really is. I cannot think of my life without my “normal” work, that makes me be on the road between Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Germany… and the creative side when sitting at my desk to create posters and flyers. Some would say that life is when you do what you like… well… I’m happy then: I do it so! 🙂

working 10-14 hours a day seems good and all, but I have a life

I believe that, when you work and love what you do, there is a mixed feeling about what “your life” really is. I cannot think of my life without my “normal” work, that makes me be on the road between Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Germany… and the creative side when sitting at my desk to create posters and flyers. Some would say that life is when you do what you like… well… I’m happy then: I do it so! 🙂

If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life!

If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life!

Exactly, I shouldn’t call what I do as “work”…it’s just a part of my life. If not for that, I would be spending all my time watching TV news or being on Twitter and getting mad at everyone.

Exactly, I shouldn’t call what I do as “work”…it’s just a part of my life. If not for that, I would be spending all my time watching TV news or being on Twitter and getting mad at everyone.

You ever think of using your “powers” for non-profits/charities?

I started doing proofreading for a charity recently and I genuinely love doing it as the cause is something I really can get behind. There are loads out there who would love a talented writer to produce even 1-2 blog posts/month. Can be good for the heart to be involved in something like that which you are passionate about.

Still studying. @writer99025 you better know, here getting a job depends on degree, so no job, no worries. Everyday I sit in front of my computer almost 12-16 hours. If that’s a job, then I really work hard to live 😛

Bhai, you know, a high school drop out Uber cab driver in Bangalore makes $2000/month? An IT/BPO worker with a graduate degree makes $150/$250 month. Education can actually make you poorer. Think about it.

You ever think of using your “powers” for non-profits/charities?

I started doing proofreading for a charity recently and I genuinely love doing it as the cause is something I really can get behind. There are loads out there who would love a talented writer to produce even 1-2 blog posts/month. Can be good for the heart to be involved in something like that which you are passionate about.

Nah, I have to get paid for everything. I donate a lot to religious organizations and political parties though. Gave $1000 to the 2014 Modi campaign, plan to give something like $3000 or more for the 2019 campaign. That’s my charity work.

Bhai, you know, a high school drop out Uber cab driver in Bangalore makes $2000/month? An IT/BPO worker with a graduate degree makes $150/$250 month. Education can actually make you poorer. Think about it.

Yeah! but to keep families and neighbors clam, we have to study (for nothing). Worst educational system ever in 21st century 😦 Sometime, I feel sorry for myself…

Archived