Fiverr Community Forum

How many of you in this forum are full time freelancer?

Hi
I want to know ho many of you in these forum are full time Freelancer please let me know as I am new in Freelancing.

3 Likes

I am a full time freelancer though i just started freelancing not quite long.

2 Likes

Just for sure is it good to become full time in Fiverr during these panemic time?

1 Like

As long as you are getting consistent orders, its not a bad idea.

2 Likes

I have been offering services on Fiverr for alittle over a year now, but I’ve been self-employed full time for about 5 years. During slow seasons on our farm, I have always taken odd jobs when I wasn’t working a regular job, like house cleaning and pet sitter.

Being who I am and being in the position I’m in, I like being in business for myself. But when I started to think about being a seller on Fiverr, I wrote down a list of questions to ask myself. Knowing myself, if I couldn’t definitively answer all of the questions at the same time, I knew I wasn’t ready to start selling here.

• What is the purpose of your Fiverr?

You might think that the answer should be “to make me money!”, but there’s actually more to it. Of course, money is a part of it- only this question should also be about your service, your customer, and what portion of your income Fiverr could potentially cover. LET ME SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK: You should not plan on Fiverr being your entire income.

• Do you have the time, energy and head space to commit to an online business?

This question should make you consider your personal commitments as well encompassing what it takes to run a business. I already had my own home business, and I was and still am a full-time caregiver, so those were both huge considerations for me before starting selling on Fiverr.

Even if your Fiverr never skyrockets you to riches and the lap of luxury, you will still have to make some commitment to it if you expect to make money. Be very honest with yourself, and be sure you that you’re willing to sacrifice the resources that you could otherwise spend on something else when freelancing.

• Do you have the skills and knowledge to sell your products/services at a professional level?

This is another question that requires you to be brutally honest with yourself. Beyond a hobby, could you see yourself doing what it is you do for hours day after day, according to the needs and wants of someone else? From a buyer’s perspective, would you pay what you’re asking for the quality of work you do?

When asking this question, be sure it includes things like having business knowledge, your level of self-discipline and how well you handle stress! I’ve said it before, but freelancing does not mean shortcut to easy money. You’re going to have to problem solve, deal with customers, taxes, and keep your skill level and knowledge competitive and up-to-date.

There are maybe hundreds of threads on this forum that begin with “Help, I have no orders!”. This is another reason why you shouldn’t make Fiverr your sole source of income.

Fiverr is only a platform on which you offer services or products, it doesn’t operate like a regular employer! During the pandemic, many were looking for ways to make extra money from their homes for the first time or to cover their bills when they were temporarily laid off.

As a result, Fiverr has had an exponential rise in seller accounts since the pandemic, so competition is very high in many categories. There will be sales slumps and changes in your market, and these things affect everyone, even long tenured sellers, meaning there’s no guarantee that Fiverr will be able to sustain you with a consistent amount of money or clients.

I highly recommend that you search the forum, and read about what others have experienced and the sorts of things that may come up for you being on Fiverr.

Ultimately, being self-employed has a unique set of problems, and it’s up to you to figure out if they are the kind you want and are prepared to deal with.

I wish you the best of luck!

5 Likes