How many reviews does a buyer go through before placing order?

anjylina

Hi,
Okay, when I get free time ,I look up at other sellers gig . I love to read out their reviews (given by buyers ,of course) ,but I never go down to when option comes “Show more” though.
Buyers, before placing order must ll have been go through the past reviews of selected seller. So how many reviews they’d read out in your thinking? 😉
Just a bit curious 😸.

Aman

I think it depends on a lot of things. Fiver’s option to rate a gig without the need to type in a review can often mean a ton of ‘Great Experience’ and 'Outstanding Experience’s all in a row, so some buyers may need to scroll down further to find something a bit more personalized.

Also, I think the more expensive or more important the type of purchase, the less they’ll have a problem going down a couple levels to get the reassurance they need that they’re making a the right choice.

Fact: I actually didn´t read a single review the only time I bought something recently on fiverr, but I already ‘knew’ the seller from here and was certain I´d get good work.

Thinking: it depends on many things as a poster before me said, such as
the money they´ll invest in the gig / how expensive and/or complicated it is what they need to get done
the time they can or want to spend
the impression they got already through the seller’s profile, gig description, images, portfolio
if they are looking for a seller for a one-time thing or for something regular
if the gig requires a lot of communication or not
if doing the job well requires a certain mentality, mindset, connection, etc.
if it is something really important to them
if they already had good or bad experiences with fiverr/sellers/gigs
their personality

Also I guess if the rating doesn´t show 100%, many will switch from ‘recent’ to ‘negative reviews’ to see what the seller got negative reviews for and how they replied.

I’m not a buyer (yet), but I also check other sellers’ profiles and, before I’m done, I usually use the sorting feature to see the negative reviews just out of curiosity. I like to do it especially on profiles that have a lot of sales.

I’m not a buyer (yet), but I also check other sellers’ profiles and, before I’m done, I usually use the sorting feature to see the negative reviews just out of curiosity. I like to do it especially on profiles that have a lot of sales.

This is a great tip as well.

I also look at negative reviews, or try to find those less than 5 stars. I’m more interested in the seller’s response than the buyer’s comment to be honest. Primarily, did the seller respond professionally?

I also look at negative reviews, or try to find those less than 5 stars. I’m more interested in the seller’s response than the buyer’s comment to be honest. Primarily, did the seller respond professionally?

I’m more interested in the seller’s response than the buyer’s comment to be honest.

and I thought I am the only one who does that, High Five And I does it for the same thing. Just to see how the seller respond to that review.

Before making purchase, I go through at least the first 100 reviews or more. That’s not that hard to do since most are “Outstanding Experience” and doesn’t tell me much.

If I’m going to spend higher than normal, I look for two things: read the buyers input and look for repeat clients.

I even click on few of the customer profile to look for suspicious activities. I want to know if the seller is trading reviews or buying review. It’s not that hard to figure it out, although, I still do get duped - but not as often, anymore.

All that takes me around 5 to 7 minutes. Of course, I only do that for sellers I’m interested in ordering from.

Before making purchase, I go through at least the first 100 reviews or more. That’s not that hard to do since most are “Outstanding Experience” and doesn’t tell me much.

If I’m going to spend higher than normal, I look for two things: read the buyers input and look for repeat clients.

I even click on few of the customer profile to look for suspicious activities. I want to know if the seller is trading reviews or buying review. It’s not that hard to figure it out, although, I still do get duped - but not as often, anymore.

All that takes me around 5 to 7 minutes. Of course, I only do that for sellers I’m interested in ordering from.

most are “Outstanding Experience”

This is interesting to me. Not many of my reviews are just Outstanding Experience, which I appreciate, and when I’m looking at sellers, all other things being equal, I rate sellers higher if they have more ‘personal’ reviews. I always feel that a buyer must have been motivated by the experience they had, to leave that review. I’m curious what you think on this as you’re looking at other sellers for different reasons than me.

most are “Outstanding Experience”

This is interesting to me. Not many of my reviews are just Outstanding Experience, which I appreciate, and when I’m looking at sellers, all other things being equal, I rate sellers higher if they have more ‘personal’ reviews. I always feel that a buyer must have been motivated by the experience they had, to leave that review. I’m curious what you think on this as you’re looking at other sellers for different reasons than me.

I always feel that a buyer must have been motivated by the experience they had, to leave that review.

Yes, I concur.

When it comes to the Oustanding Experience reviews, I look to see how many of them are repeat clients. I know that some people do not like to write or do not know what to write so they just mark 5 stars.

If the same buyer had bought several times, it tells me the quality of work must have been good, otherwise the buyer would not have come back. I would consider it a positive.

I always feel that a buyer must have been motivated by the experience they had, to leave that review.

Yes, I concur.

When it comes to the Oustanding Experience reviews, I look to see how many of them are repeat clients. I know that some people do not like to write or do not know what to write so they just mark 5 stars.

If the same buyer had bought several times, it tells me the quality of work must have been good, otherwise the buyer would not have come back. I would consider it a positive.

I’ve had many of those recently…most of which came from repeat buyers (Some as far back as 3 years ago). I’m sure they’re tired of writing something every time they work with me. 5 stars, to them, is no big deal. I have one client that goes back as far as 2011, and these days when he orders, he does the 5stars and that’s it.

I’ve had many of those recently…most of which came from repeat buyers (Some as far back as 3 years ago). I’m sure they’re tired of writing something every time they work with me. 5 stars, to them, is no big deal. I have one client that goes back as far as 2011, and these days when he orders, he does the 5stars and that’s it.

At least they leave a review, some of my (very) regular clients don’t even bother to do that.

I usually use the sorting feature to see the negative reviews just out of curiosity.

This is the case happen with every one ,I guess.😂

Primarily, did the seller respond professionally?

Very important point! For me, that’s actually the only way we can try to make unfair reviews less important (unless they are removed)

Fact: I actually didn´t read a single review the only time I bought something recently on fiverr, but I already ‘knew’ the seller from here and was certain I´d get good work.

Thinking: it depends on many things as a poster before me said, such as

the money they´ll invest in the gig / how expensive and/or complicated it is what they need to get done

the time they can or want to spend

the impression they got already through the seller’s profile, gig description, images, portfolio

if they are looking for a seller for a one-time thing or for something regular

if the gig requires a lot of communication or not

if doing the job well requires a certain mentality, mindset, connection, etc.

if it is something really important to them

if they already had good or bad experiences with fiverr/sellers/gigs

their personality

Also I guess if the rating doesn´t show 100%, many will switch from ‘recent’ to ‘negative reviews’ to see what the seller got negative reviews for and how they replied.

I actually didn´t read a single review the only time I bought something recently on fiverr, but I already ‘knew’ the seller from here and was certain I´d get good work

Communication helps a lot about sellers here.Your new profile picture is awesome 😘

if the rating doesn´t show 100%, many will switch from ‘recent’ to ‘negative reviews’ to see what the seller got negative reviews for and how they replied.

Agreed.

I’m more interested in the seller’s response than the buyer’s comment to be honest.

Once a buyer place order. I design shirt according to description, but he gave negative review showing a shirt which was completely different from his description even slogan was quite different .I was just shocked and i didn’t response him ,i guess. That is my only negative review 😭

Before making purchase, I go through at least the first 100 reviews or more.

This really sounds good. As I’ve much great reviews gone downward 😍 .

Look for repeat clients?

I even click on few of the customer profile to look for suspicious activities

Which kind of activities?

Yes, I concur.

I’ve a client.She has purchased my gig for 10 times,each time included 5 to 10 shirts in one order .I asked her for doing so to avoid so many orders by same buyer,

I really think we sellers shouldn´t care about that ‘how x reviews in a row look’ thing. As long as we know that our reviews are legit, all is well. If buyers, or even fellow sellers think a few in a row look suspicious, it´s their problem, not ours.

If you wanted to ask your client that because it´s easier for you to handle like that it´s fine of course, but if it was because you felt you had to because of comments by buyers or especially fellow sellers, it would be kind of sad.
If your buyer wants to order a lot of gigs from you, that only speaks for you and your good work and should be a positive for most buyers who look at your reviews, like Gina said.

Of course there are people who don´t get their reviews the right way, we all know that I think, but that shouldn´t mean that sellers who do should worry how it looks to have several orders/reviews by the same buyer.

I hope the checkout clerks at my supermarket won´t tell me to only come once a month some day because it looks suspicious to other customers if I come every week or day - I can´t carry that much at once! 😉

I’ve a client.She has purchased my gig for 10 times,each time included 5 to 10 shirts in one order .I asked her for doing so to avoid so many orders by same buyer,

Why? Repeat clients, I think, looks good on your profile.

Why? Repeat clients, I think, looks good on your profile.

I thought It would make me suspicious.

Archived