Fiverr Community Forum

How many times have you worked all night?

Sooo I have been working on an order over-night and it’s already 7am by the time I delivered it… RIP my sleep schedule.
How many times have you guys worked all night?

5 Likes

Wy would you do this? It’s not healthy, if the client can’t wait another 12 or 24 hours to allow you to complete a job within normal working hours, then they are being unreasonable. Your health is more important.

5 Likes

I love working at night, I feel the most productive after midnight and before dawn. But there is of course a huge difference between switching your general schedule to night time activity and just not getting any sleep. I would only agree to the latter on very rare occasion and for considerable extra pay.
Good and healthy sleep is very important to me, its affect on my general well-being is tremendous. So I wouldn’t sacrifice it just like that.

4 Likes

That’s fine. But there are many, many desperate people who read these forums. I think it is important not to normalise the idea that it is ok to work through the night just because a client demands it (I’m not saying they did in your case).

There are some very desperate people who try and stay online for 24 hours a day, and who are prepared to go 24 hours or more without sleep just to earn $5 from a sketchy buyer who is then likely to cancel the order claiming the work isn’t good enough.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s totally true, I would reconsider working with any client expecting me to stay awake and/or online 24/7. They are not likely to be a good client to work with, this attitude will be carried on to other areas of your collaboration turning it into a terrible experience.

It is only okay if you knowingly and willingly accept some extra urgent task, the conditions are transparent, the client is nice and reasonable and they are prepared to compensate you for the extra trouble. And even in that scenario I would advise against accepting orders like this too often. Your health is always more important than any amount of money.

3 Likes

First of all I focus to my health, If I am okay sometimes I worked for the whole night and then go to sleep for the 6-7 hours. So, first of all maintain your health condition good then work hard.

2 Likes

Well they just said that they needed it asap plus they live in a country with almost the opposite timezone compared to mine, so I just decided to work at night.

1 Like

Trust me. This is 100% true. I’m a full-time freelancer since 2012. I did so many stupid things like this. But always prioritize your health. if you want to be happy, take healthy foods and good sleep.

3 Likes

@gamunu. yeah :ok_hand:

@tammyjavaid i work night about 5/6 hours

1 Like