Fiverr Community Forum

How match to charge for a logo?

as the platform is moving toward professional design and backing out the old standard ‘‘Fiverr’’ model or Fiverr’s ‘‘5 dollars logo platfome’’ many designers offering their gigs in various price ranges still some are sticking to offer the cheap logo?
what is the benefit of a logo design for a company?
one miss conception about a logo, in general, is that the prettier the better? but it turns out that so many clients are just leaving them self unprepared for competition and laking of taste! think of ‘‘apple’s’’ logo wish is the booter in brand recognizing for that company

as a pro logo designer here on Fiverr, I aim to set my self to higher standards by always keep learning about design and logo in particular as long as Fiverr is supporting follow up designer like myself

what value does Fiverr see in promoting logo design?
Fiverr has been always the platform to starter business and professionals and since more and more people are joining the platform with a fairly good experience we project more and more big brand comes along with online trends and getting their logo designed here on Fiverr

4 Likes

If you have a profile that is established and is going strong, you can charge as much as you want (within reason). Just put the gig up and when a buyer asks if you also do logos, you’ll say “of course” and direct them to your logo gig.

Building up an entirely new profile on logo services alone is not reasonable, in my opinion. Nor will it work. The competition is insane, the reputation of the category itself isn’t that good either.

2 Likes

Thank you for starting this topic since I needed a place to went to, and it is about logos.

Sometime in the past I was doing my scan of new sellers that take images from the internet put them in the portfolio and ta-da I am a graphic designer on Fiverr.

As I was looking I found a couple of interesting GIGs on the bottom of the bottom.

“I will design five logos for five dollars in 2-4-8 hours with all files”

Since spending 7.5$ is interesting I did this:

I contacted sellers prior to the order.
In my message, I included: Do you really offer five different concepts logos for 5$ with all files? I need five logos for this in this color, acceptable icons, target clients, and audience, so basically entire brief.

So I think everything is clear. I received samples (before the order was even placed) from one seller, all the samples were stock logos from 9 9 contest and similar in my colors.
Another seller just sends me an offer. I asked again, are you sure, five for five with all files. She said yes.

And this is what I have:
She sends me delivery, five logos - my text in a different font, from ARIAL to ROCKWELL
Me:
Her:
And she sends something random but better.
Me:
Her:

Me:
Her:
Me: (she sends me delivery PSD file)
Her:

Me:

Her: Deliveries Ai file with logos all over the place outside the workboard.

I accept delivery, do not leave a review, and say goodby to my 7 USD.

Lesson learned?

My price for my logo design services are just perfect for the quality and input I offer.

3 Likes

if you evaluating your design to be worth $7 you may stick for that my recommendation is to try out all the other price ranges and let clients decide wish price range is comfortable for them using ‘‘gig pckages’’ ! thanks for sharing your story !! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you missed something in my story. I am working on Fiverr as a logo designer and the most basic logo gig minimalistic starts with 100$, and standard logo basic starts with 390$.

I was a buyer in the story above. I looked for new sellers to report with fake images and I found a couple of sellers offering to do 5 logos for 5$ and I was interested to see what an average buyer can get for that price. The result is way, way below even my sketches I do for free so I am happy with my pricing.

I was going to delete my GIGs since I do not get any orders there so they are just wasting space. The only orders I got happened in the way Lena is describing:

1 Like