How much $ can I get from this work?

mehedi_hasan_bh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s just an example of my work.

I downloaded this image from google and covert it into vactor by using adobe illustrator.

thank you for replying

No. It is NOT an example of YOUR work.

You stole an image from the internet that some other artist created and then added something here and there and are calling it your own. If you are a true artist, how about creating your own artwork to show you actually have some talent?

GG

I’m going to be honest - if you do this all by hand (so you don’t use any PS add-on or website or whatever to do it (and background removal also, for that matter) then you could potentially get some cash with it since most people go the lazy way.

If you are one of those people then…yeah.
That being said, there are probably plenty of people still buying these things since they also don’t want to mess around for hours going pixel by pixel since they don’t know the easy way out (OR, have more complex bacgrounds or images that are quite detailed.)

I always found the program-cut images to be imperfect (but it might just be me). Rough edges bother me more than they should, ha.

Everybody calm down…

The author of the post is talking about vectorizing images, drawings etc. He also left the pngtree.com reference. If he writes the credits of the designer, there won’t be any issues.

@mehedi_hasan_bh Next time just provide more detailed explanation of what you are asking for and that the logo is not your work.

Ad to your real question. My advice for new sellers is: Don’t look for what services others do and don’t try to recreate something similar just to get paid. Aim to find you niche and improve your skills in that specific field.

Also you shouldn’t be asking how much the fee of your services should be. All of the successive sellers on this forum have made their own researches, have built their own strategies and their own pricing lists. Why would somebody do the researches for you?

If someone asks me, I’d never pay for such a service, but the only reason is because I know how to do it by myself. There are literally 2-3 buttons in Illustrator to click and voila. For sure people pay for that because Illustrator is a paid software, you still need to know how to use it etc, but I think there are a looot of similar services out there.

Ad for calling someone “brother”, it’s cultural difference I guess. For example I’ve noticed that people from Germany use it plenty of items. But specifically for me it sounds weird too as I would use it only for loved ones.
However if someone called me that way, I wouldn’t make a discussion about it. I would just ignore it as I am sure nobody did it with hidden negative intentions.

Everybody calm down…

The author of the post is talking about vectorizing images, drawings etc. He also left the pngtree.com reference. If he writes the credits of the designer, there won’t be any issues.

@mehedi_hasan_bh Next time just provide more detailed explanation of what you are asking for and that the logo is not your work.

Ad to your real question. My advice for new sellers is: Don’t look for what services others do and don’t try to recreate something similar just to get paid. Aim to find you niche and improve your skills in that specific field.

Also you shouldn’t be asking how much the fee of your services should be. All of the successive sellers on this forum have made their own researches, have built their own strategies and their own pricing lists. Why would somebody do the researches for you?

If someone asks me, I’d never pay for such a service, but the only reason is because I know how to do it by myself. There are literally 2-3 buttons in Illustrator to click and voila. For sure people pay for that because Illustrator is a paid software, you still need to know how to use it etc, but I think there are a looot of similar services out there.

Everybody calm down…

Nope, wrong on this one, he actually used images from another seller just added top and bottom text, so he did not vectorized anything.

Everybody calm down…

thank you for understand me & giving me some great advise.

No. It is NOT an example of YOUR work.

You stole an image from the internet that some other artist created and then added something here and there and are calling it your own. If you are a true artist, how about creating your own artwork to show you actually have some talent?

GG

please tell me, what is vector tracing?

If I want to claim the original logo as my own creation, I would remove the real owner name from the right picture. I just converted the raster logo into a vector logo.

if you need proof, I can give you source file(AI).

I’m going to be honest - if you do this all by hand (so you don’t use any PS add-on or website or whatever to do it (and background removal also, for that matter) then you could potentially get some cash with it since most people go the lazy way.

If you are one of those people then…yeah.

That being said, there are probably plenty of people still buying these things since they also don’t want to mess around for hours going pixel by pixel since they don’t know the easy way out (OR, have more complex bacgrounds or images that are quite detailed.)

I always found the program-cut images to be imperfect (but it might just be me). Rough edges bother me more than they should, ha.

thankyou very much for such a great advice

What’s the problem with someone calling you a brother, this sounds awkward

Beware what you call people! Brother is only used in certain countries and cultures. Not where I live. There are many names you mustn’t call. For example, ‘dear’. You could say ‘Sir’ or ‘Madam’.

You can’t legally take another person’s creative property and change the file type, trace it, or vectorize it and sell it. It’s copyright infringement unless you have the written, legal rights to the original. Since I’m a writer, I’ll also add that you can’t copy a person’s book, change the format, and sell it either… even if you put the whole thing in quotation marks and credit the original author.

Not understanding intellectual property and copyright law is a big mistake for creative professionals.

You can’t legally take another person’s creative property and change the file type, trace it, or vectorize it and sell it. It’s copyright infringement unless you have the written, legal rights to the original. Since I’m a writer, I’ll also add that you can’t copy a person’s book, change the format, and sell it either… even if you put the whole thing in quotation marks and credit the original author.

Not understanding intellectual property and copyright law is a big mistake for creative professionals.

I don’t want to sell the exactly same logo as service. It was Just an example and by this post I wanted to know whether I can earn from this type of vector tracing service or not.

thanks for your comment

Everybody calm down…

Nope, wrong on this one, he actually used images from another seller just added top and bottom text, so he did not vectorized anything.

he actually used images from another seller

The PNG file is available (free) from the website mentioned on the watermark on the OP’s original image. Another seller may indeed be using the same logo. That doesn’t mean either of them (or anybody else) is stealing it. If an image has the appropriate licence, it can be used by multiple people all over the internet, without being stolen.

The OP wanted to show that they can vectorize an image, not design a logo. 😉

Archived