How much have you made on Fiverr so far?

acentius

Hello sellers!

Just a little curious at how much everyone has made on Fiverr since starting out, and how much they make on average per month!

Since selling in September of 2014, I have made over $50,000 USD and probablu average $2.5k a month.

At first when I started selling, I had the occasional sale of $5 here and there (didn’t we all?) so although it’s been over 3 years of selling, I wouldn’t do the math of $2.5k x 72 months. Also, some months are better than others!

This is for sellers comfortable sharing this info!

In my opinion, we shouldn’t discuss the exact value that we have earned. Also, it isn’t a relative factor.

Someone living in Germany might make $3000, which wouldn’t be a lot of money for there. Someone in let’s say in the Middle East might live like a god with that amount of money. Therefore, if someone makes $500 a month in Eastern Europe/East Asia it is the same as a person in Germany that would earn $5000 a month. I hope that I am clear. lol 🙂

In my opinion, we shouldn’t discuss the exact value that we have earned. Also, it isn’t a relative factor.

Someone living in Germany might make $3000, which wouldn’t be a lot of money for there. Someone in let’s say in the Middle East might live like a god with that amount of money. Therefore, if someone makes $500 a month in Eastern Europe/East Asia it is the same as a person in Germany that would earn $5000 a month. I hope that I am clear. lol 🙂

Trust me you aren’t. I think people have the wrong idea about how money works. If something in Germany costs $50 it costs 5000rs in Pakistan. Even the locally made stuff is way to expensive nowadays. The price of KFC, Subway and other fast food places is exactly the same here as they’re in USA.

Living in Ais doesn’t mean that Foreign money has more value, it means your screwed either way.

Trust me you aren’t. I think people have the wrong idea about how money works. If something in Germany costs $50 it costs 5000rs in Pakistan. Even the locally made stuff is way to expensive nowadays. The price of KFC, Subway and other fast food places is exactly the same here as they’re in USA.

Living in Ais doesn’t mean that Foreign money has more value, it means your screwed either way.

That would make sense, otherwise we’d all work minimum wage for a week, get 200$, then travel to a poorer country and live like a king. That pretty much doesn’t happen as far as I know.

I meant about the standard cost of living, and the services cost less in Pakistan than in Germany.

That’s correct what would cost in Germany 500 euros, it would be the same value in Macedonia (phones, computer parts). We have only Burger King, which is about 20-30% cheaper than Burger King in Greece (McDonald’s closed their shops, due to a licensing dispute). If you were to get a beer in a bar in Germany, you would have to pay more than 3 euros, while in Macedonia you can get the same beer in a bar for 1.5 euros. Starbucks in Serbia is somewhat cheaper to Starbucks in Greece.

I did an experiment because I live in the capital city, I have gone for a week in a smaller, less-populated city. Although, the prices in the supermarkets are almost the same. I have spent less, than what I spend in my city. Cup of coffee costs $2 in my city, while in the smaller city it was $0.7. A meal at a fancy restaurant in my city would cost you $30, while in the smaller city you would be good to go with $10. 🙂

You can take Bratislava and Vienna for comparison. Just 80 KM’s away.

Hotel in Vienna, $80 per night, hotel in Bratislava $35 per night. I talk about the same hotel chain in a hotel with the same stars.

In general, the food prices in the supermarkets branded clothes, and tech stuff cost the same in every country.

NOTE: Having a salary of $800 in Macedonia is awesome and you can do a lot of stuff. Earning those $800 in Germany would be nothing.

Even the locally made stuff is way to expensive nowadays.

Locally made stuff here are 3x cheaper.

That would make sense, otherwise we’d all work minimum wage for a week, get 200$, then travel to a poorer country and live like a king. That pretty much doesn’t happen as far as I know.

I dream of moving to Sri Lanka or Indonesia or Thailand. It’s a lower cost of living there but I know I would be too homesick.

I dream of moving to Sri Lanka or Indonesia or Thailand. It’s a lower cost of living there but I know I would be too homesick.

Yep! in Sri Lanka it’s very low. I’ve made $260 in my first month and its enough for me to get my own apartment, consumables and support my travel costs.

Edit: Even the water consumption is cheap. Around $0.3 per month 😛

Someone living in Germany might make $3000, which wouldn’t be a lot of money for there. Someone in let’s say in the Middle East might live like a god with that amount of money.

I wish I could live like a God with $3000 in either of these places.

if someone makes $500 a month in Eastern Europe/East Asia it is the same as a person in Germany that would earn $5000 a month.

I think you are going by the numbers shown by the World Bank and CIA. Although, those numbers are pretty much reliable. We have a severe inequality here. You will find some of the richest people of the world in the city that I live in. We have some of the biggest bungalows here in the Lutyens Delhi and then there are slums just a few minutes away from there where millions and millions of people live in abject poverty.

I was making USD 5000 a month back in 2007 when I was only 16 doing SEO for my cousin’s real estate agency, when SEO was a nearly never heard term for the average people in the capital of the country. I used to think what I make is chachki looking at them German and English cars riding by. The luxury cars cost here thrice here compared to their prices in United States.

Someone living in Germany might make $3000, which wouldn’t be a lot of money for there. Someone in let’s say in the Middle East might live like a god with that amount of money.

I wish I could live like a God with $3000 in either of these places.

if someone makes $500 a month in Eastern Europe/East Asia it is the same as a person in Germany that would earn $5000 a month.

I think you are going by the numbers shown by the World Bank and CIA. Although, those numbers are pretty much reliable. We have a severe inequality here. You will find some of the richest people of the world in the city that I live in. We have some of the biggest bungalows here in the Lutyens Delhi and then there are slums just a few minutes away from there where millions and millions of people live in abject poverty.

I was making USD 5000 a month back in 2007 when I was only 16 doing SEO for my cousin’s real estate agency, when SEO was a nearly never heard term for the average people in the capital of the country. I used to think what I make is chachki looking at them German and English cars riding by. The luxury cars cost here thrice here compared to their prices in United States.

I do not talk about a luxurious life. I talk about having a normal life.

Countries I have visited: Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, Greece, and United States. Everything I have said is from my own observations and communications with the locals.

I know your country has one of the highest contrast in the world. I have a pen friend from India, which is member on this forum, and we have discussed things like that.

Yep! in Sri Lanka it’s very low. I’ve made $260 in my first month and its enough for me to get my own apartment, consumables and support my travel costs.

Edit: Even the water consumption is cheap. Around $0.3 per month 😛

Yeah, go wonder. Locally made stuff in a 1st world country is cheaper than the locally made stuff in a 3rd world country.

Having a salary of $2000 in Pakistan barely makes you middle class. I had to learn that the hard way. In summers, the bill is around $300, the rent is $250, tuition costs $400 a damn month and I’m barely keeping up here man. The standard cost of living in a 3rd world country is much higher than a 1st world country.

…now you’re just showing off. I truly envy you.

Archived