How much is your monthly EXPENSE?

andrea_kizinger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so confused right now. Are y’all really talking about “EXPENSES”? (Your monthly expenses surely cannot be only $5 or $100 right?)

Or, perhaps, you meant “EARNINGS”? :thinking:

Hi @hanshuber16

Although maybe you are right and there has been a confusion between expenses and earning, you shouldn’t be surprised if someone had $100 monthly expense. It all depends in the country you live, the currency exchange and the social class you belong to.

For instance, in my country, Venezuela, $1 is 23% more than the minimun monthly wage. From here you can understand that most of the population CAN live with $100 or even much less.

Hi @hanshuber16

Although maybe you are right and there has been a confusion between expenses and earning, you shouldn’t be surprised if someone had $100 monthly expense. It all depends in the country you live, the currency exchange and the social class you belong to.

For instance, in my country, Venezuela, $1 is 23% more than the minimun monthly wage. From here you can understand that most of the population CAN live with $100 or even much less.

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the info. 👍 @maitasun

Hi @hanshuber16

For instance, in my country, Venezuela, $1 is 23% more than the minimun monthly wage . From here you can understand that most of the population CAN live with $100 or even much less.

Your country sounds heavenly. However, aren’t prices of consumable goods still relative to a certain degree? i.e. World grain prices aren’t lowered for Venezuela. As such it should still cost the same as it does in the U.S. to bake a loaf of bread, feed livestock, humans etc. - Not an ideal example but I am curious.

$70 - $100 per month… Buhaha…😂 Previously I got at about 300$ from here… Now I’m getting $150…!!! 😥

On 7/28/2018 at 11:12 AM, zaiba202 said:

My monthly expenses maybe the lowest $5 or $10.

Where do you live friend? 1950AC…??

For instance, in my country, Venezuela, $1 is 23% more than the minimun monthly wage . From here you can understand that most of the population CAN live with $100 or even much less.

Your country sounds heavenly. However, aren’t prices of consumable goods still relative to a certain degree? i.e. World grain prices aren’t lowered for Venezuela. As such it should still cost the same as it does in the U.S. to bake a loaf of bread, feed livestock, humans etc. - Not an ideal example but I am curious.

In some rural parts of my country, people can live with $5-10 per month and I believe in some parts of the world, people have similar situation.

They live in self-sufficient life style. No electric bill, no internet fee, no nothing.

They only purchase some very essential items, such as lighter or salt.

And the only tools they need are knife and hoe.

Of course it’s not a comfortable life but they can still live with it.

Funnily, many own smartphones.

Some pics from my friend who is a volunteer teacher there:

14902861_1172932576127857_449334834680275671_o.thumb.jpg.ff8a9f5edb76cd59c28dad0e11aa7fe7.jpg

21994441_1505328386221606_2353121575274659472_o.thumb.jpg.1483d99028d8ff36dd64efc4fa10282f.jpg

In some rural parts of my country, people can live with $5-10 per month and I believe in some parts of the world, people have similar situation.

They live in self-sufficient life style. No electric bill, no internet fee, no nothing.

Wouldn’t that already eliminate Fiverr users?

P.S: I know what you mean though 😉

I have lived this life and I found it much more comfortable than anything else. It’s just the bugs I couldn’t handle.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:20 AM, hanshuber16 said:

Wouldn’t that already eliminate Fiverr users?

P.S: I know what you mean though 😉

I just share some information that people can still live with $5-10 and they can access internet without the need of electricity, ha.

Of course that doesn’t apply to me or other fiverr users.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, cyaxrex said:

I have lived this life and I found it much more comfortable than anything else. It’s just the bugs I couldn’t handle.

Agree. Many city folks even pay to live this life.

Your country sounds heavenly

Not at all… It used to be heavenly, sadly, now it’s hell on earth! 😢

I don’t know much about prices worldwide but I can give you some relations but not all because they change by the day 😢

Just as an example:

1kg of 1st class meet costs $1.35 and represents 166% of the mmw.

1kg of powder milk costs $1.89 and represents 233% of the mmw.

1kg of white bread costs $$0.85

5kg of powder soap costs $10… make the math :roll_eyes:

I took my Toyota Land Cruiser to the workshop to be fully repaired, oil changed included and I just expended less than $50. Now, I must say that all my earnings are in $, if they weren’t, I wouldn’t be able to do it.

It’s is a long and very sad story what is happening in my country, once proud, well prepared, highly skilled and growing big…

Edit: Inadvertently I wrote a decimal point as at the same time I was answering, I was also handling numbers for other things and didn’t notice the error until I read @dilsea. Now it’s fixed.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, maitasun said:

It’s is a long and very sad story what is happening in my country, once proud, well prepared, highly skilled and growing big…

On the upside you have an abundance of natural resources and all the countries to your north east and west are sitting on a massive debt time bomb. People with resources always win. You just have to be resilient in the interim. 🙂

Also, just to compare prices, I pay:

$1.10 for 500 grams of white bread

$8 - 13 for 1kg of good meat

& $6 - $7 per pack of cigarettes

In this case, it would be very advantageous for me to consider moving to your country.

I spend a very simple life style. In my country you can spend luxurious life with $1000.

So, you still stand by your statement that you live on only $100 a month (including your water/electricity/whatever bills, rent, groceries, etc. Expenses that an average person has)? Or were you talking about your monthly earnings on Fiverr?

Assuming that you still live in Sri Lanka, an online research on the “average” cost of living for one person comes up to about $350 a month.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:48 AM, cyaxrex said:

You just have to be resilient in the interim. 🙂

Yes, us who remain, battle hard and don’t lose hope but still it’s not easy. My country’s public treasury was looted, thousands of millions of dollars were stolen and, guess what? Countries where they’re kept deposited will never return the money, no matter what, even though they know are corruption related.

It’s gonna take a long time to recover…

On 7/28/2018 at 11:55 AM, cyaxrex said:

& $6 - $7 per pack of cigarettes

Here, $0.54 to $1.08 per pack of cigarettes and that’s a lot, remember mmw is only $0.8. Even though, peolple still spend their little money in smoking.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:55 AM, cyaxrex said:

In this case, it would be very advantageous for me to consider moving to your country.

Yes, if you you have hard currency, you may live as a king. The problem, insecurity, you must not show off much money you have or you’ll be exposed to kidnapping or robbery.

So, you still stand by your statement that you live on only $100 a month (including your water/electricity/whatever bills, rent, groceries, etc. Expenses that an average person has)? Or were you talking about your monthly earnings on Fiverr?

Assuming that you still live in Sri Lanka, an online research on the “average” cost of living for one person comes up to about $350 a month.

I’m not talking about earnings. We have free education system, free health care and many more.

You just have to be resilient in the interim. 🙂

Yes, us who remain, battle hard and don’t lose hope but still it’s not easy. My country’s public treasury was looted, thousands of millions of dollars were stolen and, guess what? Countries where they’re kept deposited will never return the money, no matter what, even though they know are corruption related.

It’s gonna take a long time to recover…

My country’s public treasury was looted, thousands of millions of dollars were stolen

It’s the same story the world over. There isn’t a single country in the EU with a positive balance sheet. The only difference is that after (supposedly) rich countries get looted, they also get issued with seemingly limitless credit. This keeps populaces appeased and no one even knows they have been looted. - Until, of course, Mr. Monopoly comes a calling and asks for his money back.

I would much rather live in your country today than in mine or Europe 3 - 5 years from now.

In Venezuela, water, electricity and other public services aren’t paid by the low class population. They don’t even pay rent, they live in chabolas, favelas or whatever other term you may understand. Here, is rancho.

Everything is free, and it’s free they’re taken illegally and the goverment does’nt bother to put a hold on it. However, this is not new, it has been forever and forever means since 1960. Poor people don’t pay, they live by the crumbs of the State.

In Venezuela, water, electricity and other public services aren’t paid by the low class population. They don’t even pay rent, they live in chabolas, favelas or whatever other term you may understand. Here, is rancho.

Everything is free, and it’s free they’re taken illegally and the goverment does’nt bother to put a hold on it. However, this is not new, it has been forever and forever means since 1960. Poor people don’t pay, they live by the crumbs of the State.

That is truly saddening. I really hope (for humanity’s sake) that the overall situation improves in your country… and soon! 🤞

My country’s public treasury was looted, thousands of millions of dollars were stolen

It’s the same story the world over. There isn’t a single country in the EU with a positive balance sheet. The only difference is that after (supposedly) rich countries get looted, they also get issued with seemingly limitless credit. This keeps populaces appeased and no one even knows they have been looted. - Until, of course, Mr. Monopoly comes a calling and asks for his money back.

I would much rather live in your country today than in mine or Europe 3 - 5 years from now.

$500.000.000.000

It’s easier and faster to say than to write down. That’s the amount we’re talking about :roll_eyes:

As for today, I would rather live in a place that can provide me peace of mind and safe living. What can I tell you? It’s all about our very own particular needs.

I once lived in Europe and may I say, with all the love I have for my country, I just didn’t want to return. Nevertheless I had to and I regret it.

Archived