Fiverr Community Forum

How not to loose orders, if employers chat me in a nighttime?

Hi! I live in Russia and I’m a newbie on Fiverr, so as you see every single order is very important for me :grin: I realized that most of the orders receive mostly at or just before the nighttime (because orders comes from US I guess). I know, quick response is very important not to lose my employers, but I need to sleep :smile: and sometimes I’m not able to respond as quickly as I want to. Maybe I could advise me something, maybe there’s some feature on Fiverr that I don’t know to solve this problem? Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no shortcut for that. If you want good response time, you have to response fast. No automated process for quick response is available in Fiverr.

1 Like

I use the Fiverr app. I leave the computer at 3 PM, and after that it’s family time. Most of my messages come in between 5 PM and 9 PM. I get an alert on the app, and then I can respond in a timely manner. If it’s not an urgent message, I can see that in the app and choose to respond in the morning.

4 Likes

Using Fiverr App would be a great option as it helped me as well.

As I’m sure you realise, it’s all about managing expectations.

If you haven’t done so already, then why not include a short paragraph in your gig description that says something like “I am based in Russia. Due to time differences, it might take me up to X hours to respond, but please be assured that I am a serious Fiverr seller and that I will respond within this timeframe. I’m looking forward to hopefully working with you”.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe it’ll work, but I’m afraid this can alienate potential buyer. If I remember correctly Fiverr displays the local time of the seller, but it’s another question if employer will pay attention to this. I was wondering if there’s a feature, which can quick responce to my buyer without my participation. But anyway, thanks for the advice

Please remember that you’re a human. You need sleep. You certainly can’t deliver work to a high standard without appropriate rest.

If a potential buyer doesn’t take the time to read your profile or gig fully in order to establish there is a time difference, or worse still completely disregards the time difference and still expects you to respond immediately - then from my point of view they’re not worth working with.

They are more likely to be demanding and potentially abusive in their dealings with you. Sometimes you just have to accept that you have to put your health and welling first.

6 Likes

Do you really want a client who would ditch you for sleeping through the night? They know your country/time zone.

2 Likes

You could also create some gigs where it isn’t necessary for the buyer to contact you before ordering.