How often do you find yourself doing more than advertised?

woofy31

I was just working on an order, and in the midst of doing my job I realized that I was doing more than advertised in my gigs - why would I do that? there are plenty of reasons:

• to impress the buyer and get good feedback from him/her
  • as a reward for being a regular customer
  • because the buyer asked for more work and I don't want to get a negative feedback
  • because the buyer just doesn't understand English and gives me more info to work with, and no matter how I tell him/her to stick to the instructions he/she will still give more than I ask

So, am I doing something wrong here? Am I being too hard on myself? Because I find myself many times working more than initially advertised in my gigs... how about you guys? :)

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

Just remember that it’s only a fiverr ? If your gig description details exactly what work will be done then I would not worry too much about the people who don’t bother reading 😉

Quite often people ask for extras that sometimes have nothing at all to do with the original gig, to be harsh this is their fault and not the sellers so I would mutually cancel if they are being unreasonable.

All the best,

Jeff

Reply to @jeffmoses: yes, totally agree, but from what I remember of my older conversations with the tech guys, a high number of cancellations will affect my rating and risk losing my TRS badge 😦

That’s why I end up doing more than advertised, to avoid cancellations… or am I missing something regarding cancellations and their impact on rating?

Guest jeffmoses

Unfortunately this is very true, I lost my Top Rated Seller status because of so many cancellations (none of which we my fault).

It is annoying but I have noticed no difference in sales what-so-ever so not sure how much credit buyers give to the seller status/levels.

They are more likely to look for 100% positive feedback and lots of positive comments under the gig 😉

Guest jeffmoses

Reply to @woofy31: I think being able to block some buyers would be a good feature as I do have some repeat offenders. Seems as well as not reading gig descriptions they also cat remember which gigs they have already ordered.

I have to say though that I do have many, many good buyers and return customers 🙂

Archived