How pathetic is the Fiverr CS\' response to a genuine concern [CLOSED]

Hi there. Fiverr is perhaps one of the best freelancing forums. However, at the same time, it is the home to perhaps the most perfectionist management. I joined Fiverr more than two years ago and while I admit that it changed for good, it has also made it hard on many occasions for use freelancers to keep churning the wheels of earning.

Especially nowadays, a bug or a glitch has become a thing of routine. Not too long ago, but a few weeks ago, Fiverr introduced some changes to Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting category where I earn most of our revenues from.

These changes do not only deprive me from a permanent sales copy and ad sub category that my gig belongs to, but ironically, my gig does not appear in any of the new chosen sub categories.

Now, if you do not appear in sub category, it means that unless someone searched you, you are invisible for your prospects. Which means drastically low conversion rate. I’ve gone from 5.9% to hardly 2%.

This concern is not only legitimate but also of immediate importance since the glitch has made a dent in my monthly earning.

So, I contacted Fiverr CS. And the first agent simply ignored all the detail, clearly didn’t give the shit to read what I wrote and told me that search rankings do not depend on Fiverr and Fiverr cannot do anything in this respect. Seriously? I did not ask you to rank me on top, but make sure that my gigs appeared (even if in bottom) of the relevant sub category.

The others who followed him, simply played circumlocutory tactics and didn’t resolve my problem. Worse of all, they stopped replying even when I asked to solve the issue and even when I launched two more inquiries. This is the height of rudeness on behalf of any CS anywhere in the world.

Why I am posting all this here? Because I want to know if any other people are facing the same issue e.g. gig does not appearing in relevant sub-category, and I want to raise my voice against the extremely unprofessional and rude attitude of the Fiverr CS.

Here is the history of my conversation with them.

My first inquiry: "There are two of my gigs that I had to edit a little. Just like always, perfectionist masterminds on your end decided to AGAIN change categories in Business Copywriting. Two of my gigs that fall in this category are now not visible in sub categories.

The gig below was chosen Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Product Listings

https://[gig links not allowed outside of advertising and improvement categories]

1. When I sign out this gig shows only as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting and when I sing in it shows as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Product Listings but in both situations, in relevant category page my gig does not show up. While it was on number 17, means first page of category.

This other gig that is giving me good business:

https://[gig links not allowed outside of advertising and improvement categories]

It was chosen as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Business Names & Taglines

Same issue: when I sign in it shows as above, but when sign out, it shows as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting. In both situations it would not show in relevant gig category page. do you know what? It was number 1 if you selected Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Business Names & Taglines and go to Level 2 Sellers and selected High Ranking.

It seems that these gigs have been pulled out of search although it is not truth. If you go to Fiverr search bar on top left, and write same words as mentioned in titles of these gigs, they show up."

CS response: Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter.

Please note that we don’t guarantee where a gig will be found in search or category as these gigs are rotated all of the time. I have checked on your account and your Gig is fine. Please understand that Fiverr is very dynamic and competitive and you may want to try refresh/adjust/edit your Gig periodically.

Note that our Search results are not static and they change all the time, and every user sees search differently. Keywords do not necessarily make the search accordingly, it only makes it easier for users to search for specific categories, and not the gigs.

That is why it is suggested to search for gigs by their name.

Also I see that Gigs were recently edited. When a Gig is created or edited, it needs to go through an approval process. Gigs are active but they sometimes will not appear on subcategory search until it is reviewed.

Hope this helped. Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

My Reply: Well there is no point unless they appear in sub category, can you kindly tell me as to when you’d review these gigs and they’d be able to appear in sub category. Previously, it didn’t matter if I edited a gig once or ten times, it always appeared in the right sub category as it was supposed to be. Don’t tell me that now you guys would hold every gig until reviewed.

Same CS Agent: "Hi again,

Thank you for following up.

Please note that Fiverr has no way to provide the impressions, views, or guarantee placement of your gig. We provide a marketplace for you to advertise your services (Gigs) and it is up to you to make them appealing and promote them to bring in more sales.

I would like to suggest to promote your Gigs on social media. By clicking on Selling >> My Gigs, on the Gig you would like to promote, you will find on the right side a drop down menu with the option “Share”.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch with buyers in the requested gigs section, this is the goldmine for the sellers to get in touch with potential buyers. You can contact a buyer in the Requested gigs section and create a gig around the service they’re requesting which will help draw more attention to your account and gigs on Fiverr.

If you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

We are here if you need any further assistance. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

Kind regards," (s*** story again, typed script thrown at me, without giving a s*** about thinking that it’s a different problem)

My Reply: Seriously? I simply want my gigs to show in relevant sub category, I did not ask fiverr to rank me on top. Stop this circumlocution and come to the point. Fiverr allows sub categories, my gigs were, could and can appear in sub categories, tell me why the hell is it happening and when they would appear in sub categories. Sub categories, G** d*** it, not on top of search! I doubt if you even care to carefullly read the problem.

Next Agent: Hello again,

Thank you for following up with us regarding this.

It seems as though the issue at hand has been resolved.

Can you please confirm this?

Kind Regards (Issue resolved? How, without doing anything?)

My Reply: Really? How does it seem that issue has been resolved? Do you confirm that my gigs now appear in the sub categories?

Same Agent: Hello again,

Our Editorial Team has confirmed that the reported gigs should now appear in the according category.

Kind Regards

My Reply: That’s not correct. My gigs are still not shown in relevant sub categories. I am sending you the snap shot, see it for yourself. It still shows Writing & Translation / Business Copywriting, instead of showing Writing & Translation / Business Copywriting / Business Names & Taglines.

Admitting that there is a problem, perhaps a bug, and showing sincere wish to resolve it is not a bad idea, trying to talk someone out of an issue that needs to be resolved is actually bad.

DIDN’T RECEIVE ANY RESPONSE

My Reply again: Don’t mind the tone, because I am one unhappy seller, but let me show how you screw up with our day every now and then with unwanted changes. The previous snapshot was sent while I was logged out, when I log in, the same gig ON THE GIG PAGE shows as Writing & Translation / Business Copywriting / Business Names & Taglines (check the snapshot), BUT THE IRONY IS THAT THE SAME GIG WILL STILL NOT SHOW IN THE SUB CATEGORY ON THE CATEGORY SEARCH PAGE. Funny, isn’t it?

Another agent comes: Hi again,

Did you try to change the tags, subcategories of the gigs by editing a gig? Please try that again and clear cache and cookies, that should help.

Regards

My Reply: I definitely edited the gigs to allocate exact sub category but things changed for worse. I have also delete cache and cookies. If you think that my gig shows in the right sub category as your editorial team claims, why don’t you kindly take a snap and share with me?

NO REPLY FROM CS

My Reply: Hi there, while you did not care to act upon my suggestion and ask the geniuses in editorial team to take a snap and show if my gigs actually show in relevant sub categories (shows how much you care for sellers) I have done everything once again:

1. Deleted cache and cookies
  2. Edited both gigs again to show relevant sub categories

But issue is still not resolved. Both of my gigs do not show in releavant sub categories. It is time you stop hiding behind favorite practice of CS world wide: blaming the other party for their problems, and perhaps show some serious will to resolve the issue.

NO REPLY FROM CS

MY Reply: Can anyone actually help me; by not letting my gigs appear in relevant sub categories (where they were #1 and #17), you are simply crushing my gig economy. Is this what you guys are supposed to do? should I open another inquiry?

NO REPLY FROM CS

My Reply: Hello! Can a seller get his right? I am losing customers because people who were not on #1 are there only because I am not on the horizon.

NO REPLY FROM CS

My Reply: My customers cannot find me if they go to Writing & Translation > Business Copy Writing > Business Names & Taglines, because I do not appear in Business Names & Taglines sub-category. Is there anyone in Fiverr CS who can help and not ignore?

NO REPLY FROM CS

THEN I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO INITIATE ANOTHER INQUIRY

"Hi, I contacted Fiverr CS to resolve the issue, but first they completely failed to understand and then started to ignore me. So, here I am reporting this bug again. You can go to ticket #1486829 again and see how they misinterpreted a simple query and then misbehaved by not answering.

Here is what I wrote to previous CS and same for you

"There are two of my gigs that I had to edit a little. Just like always, perfectionist masterminds on your end decided to AGAIN change categories in Business Copywriting. Two of my gigs that fall in this category are now not visible in sub categories.

The gig below was chosen Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Product Listings

1. When I sign out this gig shows only as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting and when I sing in it shows as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Product Listings but in both situations, in relevant category page my gig does not show up. While it was on number 17, means first page of category.

This other gig that is giving me good business:

It was chosen as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Business Names & Taglines

Same issue: when I sign in it shows as above, but when sign out, it shows as Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting. In both situations it would not show in relevant gig category page. do you know what? It was number 1 if you selected Writing & Translation > Business Copywriting > Business Names & Taglines and go to Level 2 Sellers and selected High Ranking.

It seems that these gigs have been pulled out of search although it is not truth. If you go to Fiverr search bar on top left, and write same words as mentioned in titles of these gigs, they show up."

In simple words, gigs do not show up in narrowed down search sub categories, while before they were there. You can check it yourself and check the screen shots sent to previous CS people. Please fix this issue, because I am losing impressions, clicks and customers."

NO RESPONSE FROM CS

3RD INQUIRY ALSO INITIATED AFTER WAITING FOR MANY DAYS AND AFTER NOTICING THAT NOW THE REMAINING GIGS IN BUSINESS & COPYWRITING DO NOT SHOW UP IN SUB CATEGORIES

Hi

I have launched two complaints and all help I received was wrong diagnoses and no solution at all. For two of my gigs, I reached out to you guys and told you that although they appear in search, but they do not appear in relevant gig sub categories. Now I have complaints about remaining two. Most of what I earn is from Business Copywriting section of Writing & Translation, and 4 of my gigs, while two of them were in top rankings, do not show any more in relevant sub categories. I earn my bread and butter from writing services and your complete lack of any will to help is causing me unprecedented decrease in conversion. Previously it was 6% and not only 2. Kindly fix the issue and make sure that all gig show in the sub categories chosen for them.

Here are the gigs:

https://[gig links not allowed outside of advertising and improvement categories] (Does not show in Product Listings)

NO RESPONSE FROM CS

My Reply: Am I going to get any help on this? This is ruining my gig economy which my life is dependent upon. Your neglect is simply rude.

NO RESPONSE FROM CS

So, tell me if I am being rude and a liar. Tell me if Fiverr CS gives a s*** even closer to what other companies’ CS gives when it comes to helping clients/partners/affiliates out? Tell me if this attitude is suitable in case of a loyal seller who never cheated and never tried to get deals under the table and who, like all others, pay 20% commission on each order? And please tell me if any of you have been through this sub category visibility issue, what happened and how you get it resolved if you ever did it.

they closed my acc, won’t tell me why, they just send the same themeplate email over nad over again… I had orders and money in the acc, CS is for s***, they don’t even try…after a few emails they stoped anwsering, i dont even know if I can make a new acc or will they close it, because they won’t tell me. I work in CS, if I did this s***, I’ll be fired on the spot.

You are arguing with customer support repeatedly and harassing them.
I have a hard time following exactly what you are talking about and I read what you wrote carefully. They actually responded to your repeated messages more than they have to my similar questions about gig placement.

Your writing is verbose and convoluted. All I could understand from that long post is that you are not in the sub category your gig should be in. I think you could have said all that in two sentences.

Customer support does not get involved in where your gig is located and this is probably the most asked question. Up until recently you could sometimes get a customer service representative to take a look at where a gig was and see if they could place it correctly but not now. It is impossible to place your gig where you would like it to be most of the time.

You are not the only one with this question of why your gigs are not where they should be, or why editing them removes them from a previous placement. Many of us have the same question and this is deliberately not information that is discussed.

They actually gave you more information than most people get. I’ve seen most of it by reading other posts where people have put copy/pastes of CS responses, but CS was actually really great with you in spite of your own rude messages. They clearly told you that they don’t guarantee where a gig will be found in search or category as these gigs are rotated all of the time.

I gave up on reading some of your thread since it was repetitive, but essentially I can tell you a couple of things that I’ve seen many people explain. Fiverr doesn’t actually guarantee that any gig will appear in search at all, much less the categories or subcats. I would love to see my own gigs always exactly where I want them, but it doesn’t happen and it’s their site. They encourage social media so much because they know there are too many sellers for search to give every single one a serious income.

The last thing to keep in mind is the CS doesn’t like spam and doesn’t like getting rude messages any more than anyone else, and the CS reps you deal with have zero control over the issues you are complaining about. All they can do is relay info. When you spam them (which you did) and use swear words, call them screw ups and “masterminds” and things like that, they stop reading or replying. It’s a great way to lose your levels or get banned, though, if that’s what you want to complain about next. Sorry, but this is just the truth. My best suggestion would be the same as theirs. Get out there and market your own gigs in addition to gig tweaks. You are a freelancer, not an employee, and you’ve got to take charge of your business. I do understand the frustration and wish you good luck.

The answer to your issue is easier than the OP. If your account was closed, you violated the Terms of Service. They don’t re-open accounts in that case. They would have given you a waiting period usually 45 days. If you had sent the required documentation they would have given you your money unless they determined that the buyers had filed disputed or you could not prove that your payment account details matched up with your Fiverr account.

During that 45 day wait, many sellers try to force the issue by submitting more tickets and if that happenes, they do stop responding. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter since this isn’t your thread, but my suggestion to you would be to wait at least 60 days and then contact them with a polite and brief request to see if you may try selling on Fiverr again with this account and correct account and payment details. (Please do not ask me questions here or by inbox since that’s all I have to say.)

I know mate, I’ve also worked in CS and Fiverr CS is not even close to the ethics that worldwide CS guys HAVE TO follow.

Why it’s so detailed or verbose, because they do not get simple questions. You also misunderstood what I asked. I asked them to let me APPEAR in my sub category, it didn’t matter whether in bottom on on top. Being visible in sub category is every seller’s right.

You also misunderstood what I asked. I asked them to let me APPEAR in my sub category, it didn’t matter whether in bottom on on top. Being visible in sub category is every seller’s right.

I haven’t used any obscene language that sellers otherwise use for CS. If the worth “pathetic” hurts, you may edit it as you please or better improve the CS. Regards.

KINDLY LEARN TO READ

Nowhere I asked Fiverr CS to guarantee that my gig appears on top, I only asked them to restore its VISIBILITY, not position, but visibility. That is, it was on number 1 a few days ago, now not even in the bottom. That is, it should be VISIBLE not on top.

Didn’t call anyone screwups, call them masterminds, which is sarcasm, not foul language. Have a week of good reading and I am sure you’d understand the difference.

Nobody has to conform to ethics.

Hi, calm down, lashing at people online won’t help you. Try to find a solution without getting angry.

It is you who does not understand. You are rude and argumentative.

You owe fonthaunt a huge apology for talking to her like that! Your comments are really disgusting.

Sarcasm is rude too, ya know.

I couldn’t be arsed to read your tour de force of verbosity, btw. I think you need to read the responses from those who have bothered to read what you said, rather than going into meltdown.

Although feel free it you want to do the latter, old chap. Forum’s a bit dull without meltdowns.

Exactly.

Word.

Man, Fonthaunt and Misscrystal are actually very helpful people. I have been floating around in the forum long enough that I recognise them. It was a wrong move to lash at them.

Pride, Anger, Ego - all very dangerous things. They cloud the thinking and destroy a person.

All right to all of you who might have been hurt, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone, but then please do not shove the some nonsense in my face that CS did. There are two different things (no verbosity, making my appeal very simple to understand):

1. Asking Fiverr/CS to rank my gig on top of search/category results. I am obviously not an idiot to do so. I have been on this forum for more than two years; I know people get high rankings through hard work and believe me that I got rank #1 and #15 for two of my gigs. Again, not asking for this.

2. Asking Fiverr/CS to restore my gig’s VISIBILITY. Let me make it more simple. Around three weeks ago, the gigs that I have mentioned, used to be VISIBLE (not on top) in category search results. Now, there are not there. They are neither on top, nor in bottom. It is as though they do not exist at all.

Having clarified the difference I would like to tell Admin that Fiverr CS never said anything like you have said in response to my post. They never said that what you did:

“Fiverr doesn’t actually guarantee that any gig will appear in search at all, much less the categories or subcats.” Then you again mention your wish to have your gigs on same position. Please understand, I AM NOT FIGHTING FOR POSITION, BUT FOR VISIBILITY/EXISTENCE THAT I USED TO ENJOY BEFORE CHANGES WERE MADE.

It would be unjust if some sellers had to the right to EXIST in sub cats and some lost this right. You need to get updates on this notion.

That’s all.