How responding to EVERYTHING helped me get exceptional reviews!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share my story and hopefully this helps some other sellers get more great reviews!

I’ve had a gig that has done really well and gotten pretty good reviews, but I wanted to see if I could get even better reviews. (You all know what I mean… reviews that people actually take time to write, not just the “Outstanding Experience” default.)

The first idea I had was to start responding to everything I could and going above and beyond in my communication with my customers.

I often have quite a few orders sitting in my queue, so it can be hard to keep up with all the messages. Even though it takes me some extra time, I started updating everyone and responding to almost every single message or comment that came my way - both on orders and in my inbox.

And it worked! Slowly but surely, I started getting exceptional feedback - sometimes paragraphs long!

I’ve found that people appreciate being notified and kept in the loop, especially if it’s going to take a while to deliver something!
For example: I have a 7 day delivery time for one of my packages. I try to make a habit of sending a message right when they place an order and also a few days before delivery just to keep them updated, even if I haven’t started on their order.

((Bonus tip - In the same vein, a while back I also started to be very friendly and a bit casual with my customers instead of using scripted responses and overly professional terms. That alone has gotten me more feedback and return customers - I think people appreciate the more real conversation.))

Hope this helps! I would love to hear if anyone else has found this to raise the quality of their reviews.

Cheers!
Stephanie

I agree to this tip. Being communicative and updating your buyers definitely make difference to your reviews :slight_smile:

Yes, Replying to all query obviously a plus point.
Thanks