How should I ask for tips to my buyer?

wyra27

Agree with everyone else, just don’t. Even back when I worked in a restaurant, I never assumed a tip was coming. If the customer paid in cash, I would immediately start making change until they said otherwise.

I’ve always found it off-putting when waitstaff would ask, “Do you want change?” even as someone who was working for tips.

• Like 16

I’ve been tipped several times without asking. Delivering high quality work, good communication and a friendly attitude might do it. Also, I used Fiverr as a buyer a couple of times and in one of these experiences, a seller asked me to tip her… guess what? I didn’t and I have never used her again!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

NEVER ask for a TIP, having said that, I actually get a lot of TIPS. =) and here’s my tip…

Make sure you deliver kickass content all the time… communicate with your clients, listen to them and maintain a kind demeanor. Set their expectations and walk them through what’s happening and make sure that they are satisfied with your work.

Now after doing all this, my best tip is don’t expect to be tipped… Sometimes it just doesn’t work that way… You may lose on tips but I guarantee you this kind of work ethic will bring you more return business and more clients in the future.

• Like 14

• 5 months later...

Best way to get tips is by delivering high quality service/product, Good communication and Fast turn-around, NOT asking. In my opinion, “Asking” makes it no more tip. Also, Tipping may not be expected when a fee is explicitly charged for the service.
Still, if you feel to ask for it. You can use following words
"
If you feel that I did a great job feel free to give me a tip – I’d
really appreciate it
"

• Like 9

I just worked on a book cover and I just had to change the logo color from black to yellow and format it for Createspace. I made couple more adjustments to the cover design and made a dark color border around the cover. It looked very professional and the buyer gave me a tip without even asking. So your best bet is to provide quality results and they will tip you without even asking. 🙂

• Like 8